How I can view JPG format picture?

Hi,
  I find the component of Image in Additional page cannot handle JPG
format picture.  Is there any simple component or routine can view JPG
format picture? Please state.

Thank a lot.

Bye.
Eric Leung

Re:How I can view JPG format picture?

Eric:

Eric Leung wrote in message <3647AC83.58452...@ctimail.com>...
>  I find the component of Image in Additional page cannot handle JPG
>format picture.  Is there any simple component or routine can view JPG
>format picture? Please state.

If you've got Delphi 3 or 4 you have JPEG support.  In D3 it wasn't automatically installed -- look in the "Extras" directory on the
CD.

Look for JPEG on the Delphi Graphics File Formats & Conversions page
for additional info:
www.efg2.com/lab/library/Delphi/Graphics/FileFormatsAndConversion.htm

efg
________________________________
efg's Computer Lab:      www.efg2.com/lab

Overland Park, KS  USA

Re:How I can view JPG format picture?

I see that there is a JPEG.DCU delivered with Delphi 4. I have no experience
with it, but I think it's what you need.
Eric Leung wrote in message <3647AC83.58452...@ctimail.com>...
>Hi,
>  I find the component of Image in Additional page cannot handle JPG
>format picture.  Is there any simple component or routine can view JPG
>format picture? Please state.

>Thank a lot.

>Bye.
>Eric Leung

Re:How I can view JPG format picture?

All I know is you have to add "jpeg" to the uses list, but I don't know if
this works with *.JPG files or just *.JPEG.  Anyone else know?

--

Tags - ICQ 18174584
<-------------->

Eric Leung wrote in message <3647AC83.58452...@ctimail.com>...
>Hi,
>  I find the component of Image in Additional page cannot handle JPG
>format picture.  Is there any simple component or routine can view JPG
>format picture? Please state.

>Thank a lot.

>Bye.
>Eric Leung

Re:How I can view JPG format picture?

In all the documentation and books I have seen for Delphi4 it shows the Code
Explorer docked with the Editor, I have just purchased Delphi4 (as a Delphi
{*word*269}), and I can find NO trace of the code explorer anywhere other than
the help files.

The version I have is the 'Standard' version.  I have also installed the
Service Pack 2, as well as a full uninstall, reinstall but nowhere within my
IDE is the Code Explorer to be found.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanx - Steve

Re:How I can view JPG format picture?

Steve,

I can't qualify the standard version but try right-clicking your code
window.

You should have a menu entry "Code Explorer"

Nic Roche
net-dev
http://www.net-dev.com.au

Steve Cholerton wrote in message

<72uoop$dg...@newsreader1.core.theplanet.net>...
>In all the documentation and books I have seen for Delphi4 it shows the
Code
>Explorer docked with the Editor, I have just purchased Delphi4 (as a Delphi
>{*word*269}), and I can find NO trace of the code explorer anywhere other than
>the help files.

>The version I have is the 'Standard' version.  I have also installed the
>Service Pack 2, as well as a full uninstall, reinstall but nowhere within
my
>IDE is the Code Explorer to be found.

>Any help greatly appreciated

>Thanx - Steve

Re:How I can view JPG format picture?

Thanks for the reply, but Code Explorer does not appear wjen I right click
in the editor, nor in any of the places it should appear accorrding to the
documentation.

I guess it is not available in this version.

-S

Nic Roche wrote in message ...
>Steve,

>I can't qualify the standard version but try right-clicking your code
>window.

>You should have a menu entry "Code Explorer"

>Nic Roche
>net-dev
>http://www.net-dev.com.au

Re:How I can view JPG format picture?

Steve,

I don't think that the Code Explorer feature is available in the Standard
edition of D4.

Dale.

Steve Cholerton wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, but Code Explorer does not appear wjen I right click
> in the editor, nor in any of the places it should appear accorrding to the
> documentation.

> I guess it is not available in this version.

> -S

> Nic Roche wrote in message ...
> >Steve,

> >I can't qualify the standard version but try right-clicking your code
> >window.

> >You should have a menu entry "Code Explorer"

> >Nic Roche
> >net-dev
> >http://www.net-dev.com.au

Other Threads