Help with Indy TCP client/server PLZ!

Hi,

I have a little problem, I have one app, wich i launch two of, one starts a
server, one starts a client and they connect. But when the client tries to
send a line to the server, only some of the lines get through..
I use TidTCPclient, TidTCPserver, and i use TidTCPclient.writeLn to send
a string(it's possible i don't remember the names exactly).

Any ideas?

aWiL

Re:Help with Indy TCP client/server PLZ!

>client tries to send a line to the server, only some of the lines get

Some of the lines or part of one line? What are you using to read the line
on the server? ReadLn?

Re:Help with Indy TCP client/server PLZ!

I having problems on the Server to recive from clients
and the server shows it on  the clients "chat TMemo"

idtcpclient1.writeLn(Edit1.Text) ;
Edit1.Text := '';
end;

now what

on the server to send the txt to every connected client on Chat TMemo

Thx alot

Re:Help with Indy TCP client/server PLZ!

"Hadi Hariri - Team Indy" <hadi...@pbe.com> skrev i melding

> >client tries to send a line to the server, only some of the lines get

> Some of the lines or part of one line? What are you using to read the line
> on the server? ReadLn?

Yes, I use readLn at the server, and some of the lines are missing.
If you have a solution, tell me.. but i think i might know what's wrong now

eappia...@icqmail.com (Emmanuel) wrote in <3b8ea510_1@dnews>:

>I having problems on the Server to recive from clients
>and the server shows it on  the clients "chat TMemo"

>procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
>begin
>idtcpclient1.writeLn(Edit1.Text) ;
>Edit1.Text := '';

If the memo contains more than one line, it contains #13#10. When you read
a line on the srever it will only read until encountering the EOL.

Other Threads