OnUpdateError Problem

Anyone,

I have noticed what appears to be a change from Delphi 3 to 4.  Each time I
get an update error using cached updates the OnUpdateError event handler
fires twice for each record.  Is this a known problem or am I currently
brain dead from over work.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Re:OnUpdateError Problem

Hello there; I took your "train-the-trainer" class.

I have also noticed that OnUpdateError is called twice, but haven't done
enough troubleshooting to determine whether the problem is VCL or BDE (I use
the new BDE Oracle8 driver with Net8).  When I stepped through the code, I
noticed that ApplyUpdates and the CommitUpdates each generate a set of
"OnUpdateError" calls.  The CommitUpdates is not supposed to!

V/R
Russell L. Smith

Ed Weber [dsw] wrote in message <71arae$j...@forums.borland.com>...
>I have noticed what appears to be a change from Delphi 3 to 4.  Each time I
>get an update error using cached updates the OnUpdateError event handler
>fires twice for each record.  Is this a known problem or am I currently
>brain dead from over work.

Other Threads