GetActiveObject and DCOM

Hi All,

This is the problem :
I have the need to locate and return a reference to a server's interface on
a remote computer. The server does register itself with the ROT on creation.
Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to implement some sort of
'search server' that returns the interface for me?

Thanks in advance

Joe Lippa

Re:GetActiveObject and DCOM

There is no remote ROT, but it should be easy to write a DCOM server that
inpects the ROT on a remote machine.

--
have fun

Binh Ly
www.techvanguards.com

"Joe" <j...@jlippa.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:3ac8c83b_1@dnews...
> Hi All,

> This is the problem :
> I have the need to locate and return a reference to a server's interface
on
> a remote computer. The server does register itself with the ROT on
creation.
> Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to implement some sort of
> 'search server' that returns the interface for me?

> Thanks in advance

> Joe Lippa

Re:GetActiveObject and DCOM

There is no remote ROT, but it should be easy to write a DCOM server that
inpects the ROT on a remote machine.

--
have fun

Binh Ly
www.techvanguards.com

"Joe" <j...@jlippa.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:3ac8c83b_1@dnews...
> Hi All,

> This is the problem :
> I have the need to locate and return a reference to a server's interface
on
> a remote computer. The server does register itself with the ROT on
creation.
> Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to implement some sort of
> 'search server' that returns the interface for me?

> Thanks in advance

> Joe Lippa

Other Threads