Getting Interbase User info

I am working in Delphi 2.0.

How can I identify the User that is signed on
without prompting them for the info again?

I am using interbase as my database.

Thanks

Lee.

Re:Getting Interbase User info

Lee Chalupa wrote:

> I am working in Delphi 2.0.

> How can I identify the User that is signed on
> without prompting them for the info again?

> I am using interbase as my database.

> Thanks

> Lee.

Inside of a stored procedure or trigger use "USER" and it will return
the InterBase user name for that user. Note that you cannot use quotes
around the "USER" or it will put "USER" into the variable instead of the
user name

--

Robert Schieck
MER Systems Inc.      voice - 416-410-5166

Client/Server Development and Training using Delphi,  InterBase and
Oracle

InterBase page  http://www.mers.com/interbase.html
udflib page     http://www.mers.com/product.html
TDUG page       http://www.mers.com/tdug.html      -Toronto Delphi Users Group

Re:Getting Interbase User info

Hi Lee

I guess the system variable USER is just what you're looking for.

Klaus

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996 05:04:19 -0500, Lee Chalupa

<LChal...@SuperSpaceInc.com> wrote:
>I am working in Delphi 2.0.

>How can I identify the User that is signed on
>without prompting them for the info again?

>I am using interbase as my database.

>Thanks

>Lee.

Re:Getting Interbase User info

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996 05:04:19 -0500,
Lee Chalupa  <LChal...@SuperSpaceInc.com> wrote:

>I am working in Delphi 2.0.

>How can I identify the User that is signed on
>without prompting them for the info again?

>I am using interbase as my database.

Check the Params property of TDatabase.

Lito

Lito Dizon