URGENT: Sending large data over TSocket objects ?!?!

I need to send large data between TClientSocket and TServerSocket.
Does anybody have some complete example how to do that ?

I tried in several ways but I can send only below 8K (IP layer
limitation) using SOCKET.SENDTEXT. To send more data, I need to read
continously all packets and join them etc. (I know the way) and use
SENDSTRING or something (not SENDTEXT) but then, on server side,
ONREAD event is not triggered ?!?!?! It is triggered only when use
SENDTEXT - other send methods doesn't trigger anything !???

This drives me crazy ... :(

I need simple example of sending larger amount of data from client
app. to server app. using Delphi's TSocket components.

I use D3 CS, no patches ...

Arminio.Gr...@USA.Net
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9629/arminio.htm

Re:URGENT: Sending large data over TSocket objects ?!?!

Hi there,
you should try to use a stream object. This should handle you problem.
Moreover you can establish a multi-treading communication this way.
Delphi's help gives you more information on creating that stream class
and using it.
T.P.

In article <3a12ae53.9281...@news.tel.hr>,
  Arminio.Gr...@USA.Net (Arminio Grgic) wrote:

> I need to send large data between TClientSocket and TServerSocket.
> Does anybody have some complete example how to do that ?

> I tried in several ways but I can send only below 8K (IP layer
> limitation) using SOCKET.SENDTEXT. To send more data, I need to read
> continously all packets and join them etc. (I know the way) and use
> SENDSTRING or something (not SENDTEXT) but then, on server side,
> ONREAD event is not triggered ?!?!?! It is triggered only when use
> SENDTEXT - other send methods doesn't trigger anything !???

> This drives me crazy ... :(

> I need simple example of sending larger amount of data from client
> app. to server app. using Delphi's TSocket components.

> I use D3 CS, no patches ...

> Arminio.Gr...@USA.Net
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9629/arminio.htm

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:URGENT: Sending large data over TSocket objects ?!?!

>Hi there,
>you should try to use a stream object. This should handle you problem.
>Moreover you can establish a multi-treading communication this way.
>Delphi's help gives you more information on creating that stream class
>and using it.
>T.P.

I thought about using socket stream in this way but I can't find any
example - help is rather poor (at least help in D3 which I use) and it
can't help me to make anything successfull.

Cn you give me some example or tell me where to find some ?

Arminio.Gr...@USA.Net
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9629/arminio.htm

Other Threads