Textures in OpenGL

Hello again,
  I would like to apply a texture to a flatend sphere that needs to reflect
light and be transparent.  The effect is that of a crystal disk with
swirling blue gas inside.  I have created a texture that if rotated creates
a good enough effect, but am having problems with applying it to my clear
glass disk.  Anyone got any ideas, on how to do this, Jon covers basic
Textures in his book, and comments on something to the effect of what I am
wanting to do, but dosn't give any detail on how to do this (BTW this is not
a critisym of the book, this is much more advanced then the book was ment to
get into).

If anyone has played MicroSofts Asheron's Call their portal effect is very
close to what I am trying to achieve.

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy Darling
webmas...@eonclash.com
www.eonclash.com

Re:Textures in OpenGL

go to http://www.demonews.com/hosted/nehe/opengl.htm  There you will find
lots of OpenGL tutorials including loading textures.

Jan

Jeremy Darling <webmas...@eonclash.com> wrote in message

> Hello again,
>   I would like to apply a texture to a flatend sphere that needs to
reflect
> light and be transparent.  The effect is that of a crystal disk with
> swirling blue gas inside.  I have created a texture that if rotated
creates
> a good enough effect, but am having problems with applying it to my clear
> glass disk.  Anyone got any ideas, on how to do this, Jon covers basic
> Textures in his book, and comments on something to the effect of what I am
> wanting to do, but dosn't give any detail on how to do this (BTW this is
not
> a critisym of the book, this is much more advanced then the book was ment
> get into).

> If anyone has played MicroSofts Asheron's Call their portal effect is very
> close to what I am trying to achieve.

> Thanks in advance,
> Jeremy Darling
> webmas...@eonclash.com