constraints in mdb-database?

Hi!

I want to include constraints like "on delete set null" or similar
statements in my access-2000-mdb-database.
The helpfile from access 2000 shows some examples of these
constraints but if I execute the sql-statements there is an
"syntax error" on these constraints.

Is it possible, that "on delete set null" only works on sql-server-
databases?!?

Any other idea, how to include such referential-integrity-
constraints in my database?!?

Best regards

  Steff

Re:constraints in mdb-database?

Hi Vassiliev!

Thanx for the description, but this doesn't help - because
the syntax of my SQL-Statement is correct - as far as the
description tells me.

"Vassiliev V.V." <n...@vassilievvv.mtu-net.ru> wrote in

> This is description of Jet constraints in SQL:

[snip]

>   CREATE TABLE Orders (OrderId INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, CustId INTEGER,
> OrderNotes NCHAR VARYING (255), CONSTRAINT FKOrdersCustId FOREIGN KEY
> (CustId) REFERENCES Customers ON UPDATE SET NULL ON DELETE SET NULL

I got a syntax error with this stament.

Is "on delete SET NULL" only available on SQL-Server?

  Steff

Other Threads