DDE & Screen S{*word*99}ing

Does anyone have any examples of how to do screen s{*word*99}ing using DDE?  I
need to pull information off of a terminal screen.  Any help and/or ideas
would be appreciated!!!

Seth

Re:DDE & Screen S{*word*99}ing

DDE is a method for two applications to communicate. DDE itself doesn't
perform any screen s{*word*99}ing.

I suspect that the mainframe screen you're trying to s{*word*99}e will include
client side drivers that allow some form of access to the data.

I suggest that you contact the client side driver vendor tyo find out what
communication protocols they support: COM, DDE , custom API etc.

"Seth Ricard" <sric...@healthwaresys.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone have any examples of how to do screen s{*word*99}ing using DDE?  I
> need to pull information off of a terminal screen.  Any help and/or ideas
> would be appreciated!!!

> Seth

Re:DDE & Screen S{*word*99}ing

What I actually need to do is screen s{*word*99}ing.  How do you suggest I pull
this off?

Seth

"davout" <dav...@dial.pipex.com> wrote in message news:3b2ba33b_2@dnews...
> DDE is a method for two applications to communicate. DDE itself doesn't
> perform any screen s{*word*99}ing.

> I suspect that the mainframe screen you're trying to s{*word*99}e will include
> client side drivers that allow some form of access to the data.

> I suggest that you contact the client side driver vendor tyo find out what
> communication protocols they support: COM, DDE , custom API etc.

> "Seth Ricard" <sric...@healthwaresys.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone have any examples of how to do screen s{*word*99}ing using DDE?  I
> > need to pull information off of a terminal screen.  Any help and/or
ideas
> > would be appreciated!!!

> > Seth

Other Threads