TIBQuery TDBNavigator.Refresh - Bug ??

I am at IBX 5.03 with Delphi Ent V 5.0 Update Pack 1
I have a TIBQuery with TDatasource attached with TDBNavigator set :
DefaultAction  = TACommit
Params :   read_committed,  rec_version, nowait
I show data into a TDBGrid.

When in the Grid I press TDatasource.Refresh Button  , Data from query
are refreshed
but into the current record are copied the same data from the First
Record and data of the current record desappear.

Adalberto Baldini

Re:TIBQuery TDBNavigator.Refresh - Bug ??

adalberto lugano wrote:

> I am at IBX 5.03 with Delphi Ent V 5.0 Update Pack 1
> I have a TIBQuery with TDatasource attached with TDBNavigator set :
> DefaultAction  = TACommit
> Params :   read_committed,  rec_version, nowait
> I show data into a TDBGrid.

> When in the Grid I press TDatasource.Refresh Button  , Data from query
> are refreshed
> but into the current record are copied the same data from the First
> Record and data of the current record desappear.

That indicates your RefreshSQL is not written to properly find one and only one
record based on the current record to refresh.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The fool escaped from paradise will look over his shoulder and cry

adalberto lugano <fin...@swissonline.ch> wrote:
>Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:

>>That indicates your RefreshSQL is not written to properly find one and only one
>>record based on the current record to refresh.

>RefreshSQL  contains the statement :
>where   CODICE = :CODICE
>ORDER BY CODICE

This looks wrong.  There is no need for an order by as this should be a singleton select.  If it is returning more than one row it is wrong.  The only way I can reproduce what you are saying is happening is by writing an incorrect RefreshSQL that finds the wrong record.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)

Re:TIBQuery TDBNavigator.Refresh - Bug ??

I have seen that creating a new form from scratch problem doesn't appear.
It probably came from a previous version of components, so I decided to
complete recreate my form.
Thanks for assistance.

Adalberto

Other Threads