Out of Control Blobs!

Hi,

I have an application which stores text in memo fields in single user
paradox files.
From time to time the memo field in one or more records gets corrupted and
causes a
"Blob has been modified" message to appear when the program tries to read
the
data into a dbmemo control.
Firstly I have not been able to replicate this, so am not sure what the
users are doing.
I have taken copies of the file and the error always appears.
Has anyone come across this? As far as remedial action goes, I can delete
the
offending blob, but this removes the data. Is there a means of recovering
the data
from a damaged blob, or at least a blob that something thinks is being
modified?

Richard S

Re:Out of Control Blobs!

I know this. Custom actions like setting the parameter localshare true (Bde
> System > Init) and using the most new bde don't seem to resolve this.

A table refresh before editing helps a litte bit.

Maybe the syncronisation between the table and the *.mb file (where the
memos are stored) fails ?

Stronger usage of memos will provoke more errors. Closing an app directly
after having edited the memo leads often to this 'blob has been changed'
error.
(What does this mean, of course it had been changed ! ).

But it even happens to a very small table with only a few small memos
included. (no caching probs)

I' am curious to see what the Bteam will suggest................ or anybody
else !

E@mail: Alo...@PC-Centre.de

Re:Out of Control Blobs!

See if the information at
http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15209,00.html helps.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Out of Control Blobs!

"Eveready" <Evere...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:395811fa@dnews...
> Hi,

> I have an application which stores text in memo fields in single user
> paradox files.
> From time to time the memo field in one or more records gets corrupted and
> causes a
> "Blob has been modified" message to appear when the program tries to read
> the
> data into a dbmemo control.
> Firstly I have not been able to replicate this, so am not sure what the
> users are doing.
> I have taken copies of the file and the error always appears.
> Has anyone come across this? As far as remedial action goes, I can delete
> the
> offending blob, but this removes the data. Is there a means of recovering
> the data
> from a damaged blob, or at least a blob that something thinks is being
> modified?

> Any help would be greatly appreciated...

> Richard S

Re:Out of Control Blobs!

Thanks for your help, Having struggled for a day with this, it feels like a
session of
 WWF + Tomatoes...

Richard S

Eveready wrote in message <395811fa@dnews>...
>Hi,

>I have an application which stores text in memo fields in single user

Other Threads