buttons in dialog don't show shortcut

hi, i was wondering how i get around this. when i create my dialog (calling
DialogBox ()), the buttons don't show the shortcut key (ie a letter being
underlined). however if i press the alt key on the keyboard the dialog is
then updated and does show the shorcuts. how can i get around this so that
the shortcuts are display initially?

mahalo.
mike

Re:buttons in dialog don't show shortcut

You're probably using Windows XP. This is an OS issue.
There's a setting for this behavior. I'm not running
XP right now, but I believe it's under
Monitor properties / Appearance / Effects or something
like that.
Note this also affects underlined letters in menus.

HTH

Eudy

mike wrote:
> hi, i was wondering how i get around this. when i create my dialog (calling
> DialogBox ()), the buttons don't show the shortcut key (ie a letter being
> underlined). however if i press the alt key on the keyboard the dialog is
> then updated and does show the shorcuts. how can i get around this so that
> the shortcuts are display initially?

> mahalo.
> mike

Other Threads