Storing MSWord or PDF files into Oracle with Delphi

Hello,

I wrote with Delphi a classical client/server application. It works fine
with Oracle 8.0.4.
But now,  I would like to use Delphi to drive the storage of MS-Worf files,
PDF or Excel files into the Oracle database.
I heard something about the B-File field type.
Does somebody know how to use it ?
If I save the file and store it into Oracle, is it possible to re-open the
file and the ole application (MS-Word for example) at the same time ?

Any help would be really appreciated !

Bruno ETIENNE
bruno.etie...@beaconseil.com

Re:Storing MSWord or PDF files into Oracle with Delphi

bruno etienne <bruno.etie...@beaconseil.com> a crit dans le message :
7p3s1b$dg...@minus.oleane.net...

> Hello,

> I wrote with Delphi a classical client/server application. It works fine
> with Oracle 8.0.4.
> But now,  I would like to use Delphi to drive the storage of MS-Worf
files,
> PDF or Excel files into the Oracle database.
> I heard something about the B-File field type.
> Does somebody know how to use it ?
> If I save the file and store it into Oracle, is it possible to re-open the
> file and the ole application (MS-Word for example) at the same time ?

> Any help would be really appreciated !

> Bruno ETIENNE
> bruno.etie...@beaconseil.com

Other Threads