bdeadmin.exe - Timeslips 9.1/Corel WordPerfect 8

A Windows 98 system running Timeslips 9.1 (SR1) and Corel WordPerfect 8 both
sharing BDE version 5.1.0.4 (the BDE version installed with the Timeslips
9.1 program) cannot access the bdeadmin application, only bdecfg.exe in
order to set "local share" to "true" and "maxfilehandles" to 120.  Timeslips
needs these parameters to run and the TS Tech Support cannot give me any
more ideas as to why the system hangs when trying to execute same.  Please
give me some insight, if you can, or at least tell me where to address this
issue.  Thank you.

Ben Matterson (Inprise/Borland) <bmatter...@borland.com> wrote in message

> From http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html:

> BORLAND NEWSGROUP GUIDELINES

> Borland is pleased that you are using these newsgroups, and hopes that
> you find them to be a useful and interesting place to exchange ideas
> and information. To foster better communications we ask that you be
> aware of a few things.

> NOTIFICATIONS

> 1. Borland does not offer any formal support in the product
> newsgroups. Support is available for questions about installing
> certain products. We will make every reasonable effort to help
> customers posting installation questions in the install newsgroup for
> the appropriate product.

>         borland.public.install.delphi
>         borland.public.install.cppbuilder
>         borland.public.install.bcpp
>         borland.public.install.jbuilder

> 2. Borland does not necessarily endorse, support, or agree with the
> opinions or statements expressed in any of the newsgroups. Any
> information placed online is solely the view of those who post it.

> 3. These are Borland newsgroups. By participating, you grant to
> Borland the unrestricted right to use, reproduce, modify, translate,
> display, perform, transmit and distribute any material you post to a
> newsgroup in any present or future medium and for any purpose,
> including commercial purposes.

> 4. Messages found in violation of the Borland Newsgroup Guidelines are
> subject to cancellation without notice.

> RULES

> 1. Do not advocate or engage in unlawful activities.

> 2. Do not post copyrighted material without permission of the author.

> 3. Do not post anything that is libelous, abusive, hateful, an
> invasion of anyone's privacy, harmful to other users, or harmful to
> the business interests of Borland.

> 4. Do not crosspost or multipost your message. Post your message to
> the single most appropriate group.

> 5. Do not attach data or files to your message. vCards are the
> exception to this rule. If you need to post data or files, post them
> to borland.public.attachments

> 6. Do not post HTML messages. Post plain text messages.

> --
> Ben Matterson
> Online Manager
> Borland Developer Support
> Inprise/Borland

Re:bdeadmin.exe - Timeslips 9.1/Corel WordPerfect 8

Make sure the color depth for your display is set to at least 256 colors.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)