(Second Try) Application hangs

I'm using D3 for a small scale application which uses file sharing
(paradox) to share data.  The problem is if the file server (computer)
chrashes or is reset then all applications using the tables associated
with these files hang and have to be terminated by the OS.
No exceptions are raised.

How do I get the network applications to not hang,  or at least report the
error.

Any help would be appreciated.

David

Re:(Second Try) Application hangs

The only solution is to get a dedicated file server and connect it to
a UPS so it will not crash. Using a single computer as both a
workstation and a server is inherently unreliable.

Bill

(Sorry but TeamB cannot answer support questions received via email.              )
(To send me email for any other reason remove .nospam from my address.)

Re:(Second Try) Application hangs

Bill Thanks for the response.

I'm not woried that the 'Clients' have to be killed,  I was just
hoping they could kill themselves rather than{*word*154}.

Bill Todd (TeamB) <Bill_T...@compuserve.com.nospam> wrote in article
<3459095a.8228...@forums.borland.com>...

        )
> (To send me email for any other reason remove .nospam from my address.)

Other Threads