QuickReport 2.0k + Win2000

Hi all,

My QuickReport preview crashes on Win2K machines: an access violation is
created during report generation. I am using Delphi 3 and QuickReport 2.0k.
The problem is caused by the length of the string of the TMP environment
variable which is much longer in Win2K than in Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 9x.

One solution is to create a temp directory in the root (C:\Temp) and to set
the TMP environment variable accordingly (the string would be very short).
However, I would have to do this for every user of the software on all Win2K
machines.

Therefore I would prefer a more general solution: an updated version of
QuickReport 2.0k. Unfortunately this is not available from QuSoft for Delphi
3.0.
QuSoft - in their knowledge base - suggest to replace the function
TempFilename in qrprntr.pas with the following code:

function TempFilename : string;
var
  AName,
  ADir : array[0..255] of char;
begin
  GetTempPath(255, adir);
  GetTempFilename(aDir, PChar('QRP'), 0, aName);
  result := StrPas(aName);
end;

Is there anyone who has made these adjustments and who would be willing to
share (if allowed ?) the Delphi 3.0 compiled unit qrprntr.dcu?

Thanks in advance,
Greetings

John

Re:QuickReport 2.0k + Win2000

It is really Borland who should provide the update for the free
version, in collaboration with Qusoft.   They could put it on
code-central.    My version has some other mods., so I will have to
check it out first.   Just giving the .dcu should be legal, I think.

I will e-mail you as soon as possible.   I just have a meeting with a
client starting in a few minutes so there may be a few hours delay.

Regards,
Colin Acheson

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 17:40:52 +0100, "John Pauwels"

<jpauw...@pimedia.nl> wrote:
>Hi all,

>My QuickReport preview crashes on Win2K machines: an access violation is
>created during report generation. I am using Delphi 3 and QuickReport 2.0k.
>The problem is caused by the length of the string of the TMP environment
>variable which is much longer in Win2K than in Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 9x.

Other Threads