Quick Report, Multiple Queries, Expression using second query

This Quick Report is built using several queries to calculate the values for
the fields on the detail band.
Query1 is the main one for the report.

Query1 has
  select   count (*) "numFirst"          from MyTable1 where ........

Query2 has
  select   count (*) "numSecond"    from MyTable1 where ........

The values are assigned to TQRDBText objects on the report, and print fine.

I need to use TQRExpr objects to do calculations with these values.  When I
define an expression in a detail or summary band, the expression with
SUM(numFirst) shows the value, but SUM(numSecond) does not.
SUM(Query2.numFirst) does not work either.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Thank,
JH

Re:Quick Report, Multiple Queries, Expression using second query

Have you connected the expr to the correct band/report.

--
Greatings Andr Mens  Author of QReport Artist
EMail mens...@wxs.nl

J. Hicks heeft geschreven in bericht <71ssdi$f...@forums.borland.com>...

>This Quick Report is built using several queries to calculate the values
for
>the fields on the detail band.
>Query1 is the main one for the report.

>Query1 has
>  select   count (*) "numFirst"          from MyTable1 where ........

>Query2 has
>  select   count (*) "numSecond"    from MyTable1 where ........

>The values are assigned to TQRDBText objects on the report, and print fine.

>I need to use TQRExpr objects to do calculations with these values.  When I
>define an expression in a detail or summary band, the expression with
>SUM(numFirst) shows the value, but SUM(numSecond) does not.
>SUM(Query2.numFirst) does not work either.

>Any ideas will be much appreciated.

>Thank,
>JH

Re:Quick Report, Multiple Queries, Expression using second query

Hi,

I use Ace Reporter ($99).

It's easy to use, with a lot more formatting and
control features than QR; and it works reliably.

Plus, best of all, they have a newsgroup where the
software developer answers all your questions.
And it comes with a printed manual.

QReport was a real pain and inconsistent.

Ace also allows you to try the software for free.

  http://www.sct-associates.com/

Anyway, if you are still having problems with QR, give Ace a try.

It sure made my life a lot easier.

Frank
--------------------------

In article <36562550.A5CDC...@svn.net>, Frank Fortino wrote:
> Hi,

> I use Ace Reporter ($99).

Frank,

Thanks for the compliments about our product, and I appreciate your
recommendation to other users.  However, I think most people will get
annoyed at reading the same message text so many times, and it may
become counter-productive.  Most people who follow this newsgroup will
read all the new messages, so please continue to recommend our product,
but try to avoid the multiple copies.

Thanks again,
Steve Tyrakowski
www.sct-associates.com

Re:Quick Report, Multiple Queries, Expression using second query

> so please continue to recommend our product,
> but try to avoid the multiple copies.

Hmmh, nothing can stop a satisfied customer !!

Re:Quick Report, Multiple Queries, Expression using second query

Frank

This must be the 10th exact same post from you over this weekend.
Whilst I appreciate that you clearly feel evangelical about the whole
thing, it would help lower bandwidth if you either:

1. Stated your opinion once only
2. Restricted voicing an opinion to a message where people ask for
same.

No flame intended, just asking for a bit of restraint.

Thanks.

Derek Davidson
Get a FREE copy of DK's Audit Components from
http://freespace.{*word*269}.net/d.davidson
Get a FREE copy of the SQL Anywhere table printer. EMail
j...@mksoft.com (but remove the 'x' first)

(Remove the x to EMail me : der...@mksoft.com)

Other Threads