missing dclaxserver50

I've apparently done something stupid in uninstalling the Delphi5 trial
and installing Delphi4. Something I need is now gone. What the heck does
a "dclaxserver50" package do, and how can I replace it?

I'm entirely new to Delphi, coming from Turbo Pascal 7, and in the
throes of Windows programming trauma. Can anyone help me out here?

Ron Nossaman

Re:missing dclaxserver50

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> I've apparently done something stupid in uninstalling the Delphi5 trial
> and installing Delphi4. Something I need is now gone. What the heck does
> a "dclaxserver50" package do, and how can I replace it?

That is the Office automation controls bpl.  It comes only with D5 so was
probably uninstalled when you uninstalled the D5 trial.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The fool escaped from paradise will look over his shoulder and cry

Re:missing dclaxserver50

It seems I wasn't explicit enough. My installed Delphi4 immediately halts
compilation with a fatal error - package 'dclaxserver50' not found. If this
package is specific to Delphi5, why does Delphi4 want it to compile Delphi4
demos, and how can I get around this and get on with it? As I now stand,
the Delphi4 installation isn't usable. I'm at a total standstill, with no
idea how to get past it. Help, please.

Regards,
Ron N

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" wrote:
> Ron Nossaman wrote:

> > I've apparently done something stupid in uninstalling the Delphi5 trial
> > and installing Delphi4. Something I need is now gone. What the heck does
> > a "dclaxserver50" package do, and how can I replace it?

> That is the Office automation controls bpl.  It comes only with D5 so was
> probably uninstalled when you uninstalled the D5 trial.

> > I'm entirely new to Delphi, coming from Turbo Pascal 7, and in the
> > throes of Windows programming trauma. Can anyone help me out here?

> > Ron Nossaman

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>       (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> The fool escaped from paradise will look over his shoulder and cry
> Sit and chew on daffodils and struggle to answer why?
> As you grow up and leave the playground
> Where you kissed your Prince and found your frog
> Remember the jester that showed you tears, the script for tears. (Fish)

Other Threads