Hiding the application button on the taskbar

Hi

OK, so I'm not the best windows programmer, I've looked and looked for a
windows API to do this but can't find anything. I would be very grateful if
anyone could tell me how you hide the main button on the taskbar for the
application I have programmed in Borland Delphi. Even hiding all of the
windows in my program does not get rid of the application button. I have
Delphi 2.0 and Windows 98, could someone please give me the API and
instructions on how to use it for this or tell me if there is another way of
hiding that button.

Thanks

Re:Hiding the application button on the taskbar

Use
  ShowWindow(Application.Handle, SW_Hide);       { Hide from Taskbar }
and
  ShowWindow(Application.Handle, SW_Restore);    { Restore to Taskbar }

But it's not quite that simple.  Check my web site for Delphi 2 Stuff /
TstDLL.zip.
It shows you how to hide and restore the main form and a secondary form in
an exe and a dll.

--
                                                                     Cleon,

http://www.ionet.net/~baileyct

Luck is a lifetime of practice, followed by a moment of opportunity.
People decide what they believe, then look for reasons to believe it.

Colin Pinkney wrote in message <6rcpvb$a0...@heliodor.xara.net>...
>Hi

>OK, so I'm not the best windows programmer, I've looked and looked for a
>windows API to do this but can't find anything. I would be very grateful if
>anyone could tell me how you hide the main button on the taskbar for the
>application I have programmed in Borland Delphi. Even hiding all of the
>windows in my program does not get rid of the application button. I have
>Delphi 2.0 and Windows 98, could someone please give me the API and
>instructions on how to use it for this or tell me if there is another way
of
>hiding that button.

>Thanks

Other Threads