Can I execute Dos commands within Delphi programs ?

Hy.

I've got a little problem while I'm trying to make a little program.
I wish to send an ARJ command in it.
I don't know how to make such as an EXEC command.. Does anyone know ?
Or do you know a way to build archive files in order to store many files
in one ?

Thanks for all.

Read you Soon.

Patrick BONTANT

Re:Can I execute Dos commands within Delphi programs ?

In article <4j69bs$...@netserver.univ-lille1.fr> bris...@iae.univ-lille1.fr (Brisset) writes:
>From: bris...@iae.univ-lille1.fr (Brisset)
>Subject: Can I execute Dos commands within Delphi programs ?
>Date: 25 Mar 1996 14:07:56 GMT
>Hy.
>I've got a little problem while I'm trying to make a little program.
>I wish to send an ARJ command in it.
>I don't know how to make such as an EXEC command.. Does anyone know ?
>Or do you know a way to build archive files in order to store many files
>in one ?
>Thanks for all.
>Read you Soon.

you can use winexec or shellexec - the API calls . if it's a DOS program, you
should run it using a .PIF file in WFW 3.11 anyway. not sure about win 95

Have a look at my zip2dir program - free on my WWW sit - this shows how to do
it.

HTH

Boris Ingram, Cyborg Software
boris...@iafrica.com
http://www.pcb.co.za/users/borising/cyborg.htm

In article <4j69bs$...@netserver.univ-lille1.fr>, bris...@iae.univ-lille1.fr (Brisset) wrote:
>Hy.

>I've got a little problem while I'm trying to make a little program.
>I wish to send an ARJ command in it.
>I don't know how to make such as an EXEC command.. Does anyone know ?
>Or do you know a way to build archive files in order to store many files
>in one ?

Patrick:

Take a look at the WinExec or ShellExecute or CreateProcess help pages. What
you want to do is not too hard. If the DOS program is a little strange you may
have to set up a PIF file and execute it.

Elliot

Other Threads