TTable,Page locks!!! and MS SQL server 6.5

Thank you for reading this.

My name is Y.H. Chang, I am from Nanjing,China.

I have a BIG problem.

When I use TTable to open a table,MS SQL server puts
one or more page locks on the table. These page locks
block the application itselt and the applications runing on the other
machines. This problem is so BIG that my application is DEAD every 10min
when four users
of network run it at same time.

What am I missing? Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My e-mail is j...@public1.ptt.js.cn

Re:TTable,Page locks!!! and MS SQL server 6.5

Define destination in ODBC.
BDE creates automatic ODBC-connection.
Use TDatabase component to define the database.
Connect the TTable to the MS SQL table trough TDatabase.DatabaseName.

Might be a quick solution.

cxf <huap...@pub.zj.jsinfo.net> skrev i artikkelen
<01bdcc51$5e6163a0$0a01a8c0@hp01>...

> Thank you for reading this.

> My name is Y.H. Chang, I am from Nanjing,China.

> I have a BIG problem.

> When I use TTable to open a table,MS SQL server puts
> one or more page locks on the table. These page locks
> block the application itselt and the applications runing on the other
> machines. This problem is so BIG that my application is DEAD every 10min
> when four users
> of network run it at same time.

> What am I missing? Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> My e-mail is j...@public1.ptt.js.cn

Re:TTable,Page locks!!! and MS SQL server 6.5

Hi Chang, have you created your tables with the NOLOCK option?, i think this
could be the problem.

                      -Italo

Re:TTable,Page locks!!! and MS SQL server 6.5

Y.H.,

I know you probably don't want to hear this... but SQL Server does not play
nicely with TTables... but it does like TQuerys!!!

If you are really going to use this app in production, I would strongly
suggest using queries for everything. You will save yourself a lot of
headaches in the long run!

--Raymond

cxf wrote in message <01bdcc51$5e6163a0$0a01a8c0@hp01>...
>Thank you for reading this.

>My name is Y.H. Chang, I am from Nanjing,China.

>I have a BIG problem.

>When I use TTable to open a table,MS SQL server puts
>one or more page locks on the table. These page locks
>block the application itselt and the applications runing on the other
>machines. This problem is so BIG that my application is DEAD every 10min
>when four users
>of network run it at same time.

>What am I missing? Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>My e-mail is j...@public1.ptt.js.cn

Other Threads