Linked Servers in MS SQL Server 7.0

Has any one used the Linked Servers feature in SQL Server 7.0 to connect to
a dBase III database?

I can see the table under my linked server, but I can't query against it.
This is very frustrating.  I have been to Deja News.  I have read MS Books
Online.  I have asked every one I know.  I have searched MSDN.  I can not
seem to find any answers.

The problem seems to be related to the fact that I need 4 pieces of info to
query a table from a linked server.

linked_server_name = [MyLinkedServer]
catalog = the database?  The owner? In my case [d:\transflo] (I think)
schema = this is usually dbo for sql server tables, but this is a dBase III
table, so it should be NULL (I think).
object_name = table name = [Test.Dbf]

Here's what I've tried so far.

query:
select * from [MyLinkedServer].[Test.Dbf]

result:
Server: Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Invalid object name MyLinkedServer.Test.Dbf'.

query:
select * from MyLinkedServer.Test

result:
Server: Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Invalid object name 'MyLinkedServer.Test'.

I've tried several other approaches with no luck.  Additional help would be
greatly appreciated.  If someone can help I will be indebted to you for life
(or 30,000 miles which ever comes first)

THANKS

Mark Lauter
Independent Contractor
Find a few Free Delphi and C++ Builder components here...
http://home.tampabay.rr.com/marknmarilynn/