InterBase 6.01 on WinXP Professional

Good Day,

Can I proceed to install InterBase 6.01 on a WinXP Professional machine?
Are there any known concers?
Any info will be appreciated!

TIA,
Glenn.

Re:InterBase 6.01 on WinXP Professional

Disable system file protection.
IB pre 6.5 is slow because, AFAIK, uses winsock 1. Use IB 6.5 or FB 1.0 RC2.

--
Sergio Samayoa
Lgica Software

Re:InterBase 6.01 on WinXP Professional

In article <3c6c0c10$1_2@dnews>, glenn.desche...@pandorus.com says...

> Can I proceed to install InterBase 6.01 on a WinXP Professional machine?
> Are there any known concers?

        First, don't install IB 6.01 on anything.  Use IB 6.0.1.6 or
better.

        Secondly, Microsoft has for some unfathomable reason added GDB to
the list of file extensions tracked by the system restore feature in XP.
You will not get acceptable performance under XP unless you disable
system restore on the volume which contains IB and the volume which
contains your DB.

        Thirdly, don't combine local access to a DB and fast user switching
under XP.

        HTH,

        -Craig

     InterBase PLANalyzer (Free IB optimization tool):
          http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer

Other Threads