Creating my own database of filenames

Ok, here's what I'm trying to do:

Create a table listing the filenames of a particular type in a
user-specified directory. I followed the instructions in creating a table,
and have a DBGrid, Datasource, and Table all in my project. However, even
though the program said it would create the database I made up, every time I
tried to make the table active it said that it didn't exist, and stopped
dead. Am I going about this the wrong way, or is there some step I'm
missing? Thanks for any help.

-- Jon

Re:Creating my own database of filenames

In article <7vb817$k...@forums.borland.com>, Jon Heller wrote:
> I followed the instructions in creating a table

Have you actually created a physical table (by using DBD for example)?

BTW, please do not ask a question in more than one newsgroup section.

 Mike Orriss (TeamB)
 (Unless stated otherwise, my replies relate to Delphi 4.03/5.00)
 (Unsolicited e-mail replies will most likely be ignored)

Other Threads