I am new

Hi all

Just saying I am new.. and suck in Pascal!

bye
--
Paul Thompson
ICQ:                 12974373

Re:I am new

> Just saying I am new.. and suck in Pascal!

   And we're supposed to do...what?  Agree with you?  Help you?  Pity
you?  Ignore you?  (It'll probably be the last one...)  8<{{

Re:I am new

Paul Thompson wrote:

> Hi all

> Just saying I am new.. and suck in Pascal!

> bye
> --

Is this an XX{*word*278} adverti{*word*224}t?

Re:I am new

Here is what Remco de Korte <remco...@xs4all.nl> wrote sometime someday.

>Paul Thompson wrote:

>> Hi all

>> Just saying I am new.. and suck in Pascal!

>> bye
>> --

>Is this an XX{*word*278} adverti{*word*224}t?

NO.. wht do you ask tHAT?
--

Here is what Mike Copeland <mrc...@primenet.com> wrote sometime someday.

>> Just saying I am new.. and suck in Pascal!

>   And we're supposed to do...what?  Agree with you?  Help you?  Pity
>you?  Ignore you?  (It'll probably be the last one...)  8<{{

I really hatepeople like you.... You insult people for no reason!!!
And sont say What I wrote was a good enough reason... cos it aint!!

--

Paul Thompson wrote:

> Hi all

> Just saying I am new.. and suck in Pascal!

Paul,
     The reason you are being "flamed" (just a little) comes from two
things.  One is that you have posted a message that doesn't say very
much, just seems to waste bandspace (we do read it, assuming you have
something to say).  I don't think any of us knows what you mean by
"suck in Pascal", hence the mention of XXX.  Second, along with a
disregard of "netiquette" (and an attempt at clear communication, which
includes spelling), you (being a self-proclaimed "newbie") are already
lashing out at those who respond to you.  Such defensiveness gets
people riled up, and unlikely to react favorably should you one day
post a "Can anyone help me?" query.  Calm down.

Bob Schor
Pascal Enthusiast

Re:I am new

In comp.lang.pascal.misc, Paul Thompson uttered:
>Here is what Mike Copeland <mrc...@primenet.com> wrote sometime someday.
>>> Just saying I am new.. and suck in Pascal!

>>   And we're supposed to do...what?  Agree with you?  Help you?  Pity
>>you?  Ignore you?  (It'll probably be the last one...)  8<{{

>I really hatepeople like you.... You insult people for no reason!!!
>And sont say What I wrote was a good enough reason... cos it aint!!

Paul,

in essence said "I don't know much about pascal but read this newsgroup"
There are, I suspect, alot who lurk here without posting but none of
them has to advertise the fact.

If you have a problem with a non Borland Pascal compiler then here is
the place to ask for help and you will get a good response. If you do
not have a question or answer to one then please do not waste our time
by posting.

--
Pedt Scragg

No-one is completely useless, they can always be a bad example.

Re:I am new

In article <W7mV$EAI15K2E...@thethompsons.demon.co.uk>,
Paul Thompson  <pa...@thethompsons.demon.co.uk> wrote:
:Here is what Mike Copeland <mrc...@primenet.com> wrote sometime someday.
:>> Just saying I am new.. and suck in Pascal!
:>
:
:I really hatepeople like you.... You insult people for no reason!!!
:And sont say What I wrote was a good enough reason... cos it aint!!

Dear Paul,

Bad manners never are acceptable. But that's what easily happens
when one writes in a style that some readers interpret as
belligerent, often with good reason.

No offense meant, but your original posting's ending made little
sense to me. What was it that you actually were trying to convey?

   All the best, Timo

Moderating at ftp:// & http://garbo.uwasa.fi/ archives 193.166.120.5

Spam foiling in effect.  My email filter autoresponder will return a
required email password to users not yet in the privileges database.
Advice on spam foiling at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/spamfoil.html

Re:I am new

Here is what Timo Salmi <t...@uwasa.fi> wrote sometime someday.

>Dear Paul,

>Bad manners never are acceptable.

I know! Why did somebody use it against me then??

> But that's what easily happens
>when one writes in a style that some readers interpret as
>belligerent, often with good reason.

I see.....

>No offense meant, but your original posting's ending made little
>sense to me. What was it that you actually were trying to convey?

Basically j.. To be honest I have no idea and cant remember! Probebly
just saying that I have just joined this news group and stuff! see even
i have no idea!!..... Just ignore me from now on!!
--

Here is what Bob Schor <bsc...@vms.cis.pitt.edu> wrote sometime someday.

>Paul Thompson wrote:

>> Hi all

>> Just saying I am new.. and suck in Pascal!

>Paul,
>     The reason you are being "flamed" (just a little) comes from two
>things.  One is that you have posted a message that doesn't say very
>much, just seems to waste bandspace (we do read it, assuming you have
>something to say).  I don't think any of us knows what you mean by
>"suck in Pascal", hence the mention of XXX.  Second, along with a
>disregard of "netiquette" (and an attempt at clear communication, which
>includes spelling), you (being a self-proclaimed "newbie") are already
>lashing out at those who respond to you.  Such defensiveness gets
>people riled up, and unlikely to react favorably should you one day
>post a "Can anyone help me?" query.  Calm down.

>Bob Schor
>Pascal Enthusiast

yeah...yeah! responded to me with hatred!!

--

Paul Thompson wrote:

> Here is what Bob Schor <bsc...@vms.cis.pitt.edu> wrote sometime someday.
> >Paul Thompson wrote:

> >> Hi all

> >> Just saying I am new.. and suck in Pascal!

> >Paul,
> >     The reason you are being "flamed" (just a little) comes from two
> >things.  One is that you have posted a message that doesn't say very
> >much, just seems to waste bandspace (we do read it, assuming you have
> >something to say).  I don't think any of us knows what you mean by
> >"suck in Pascal", hence the mention of XXX.  Second, along with a
> >disregard of "netiquette" (and an attempt at clear communication, which
> >includes spelling), you (being a self-proclaimed "newbie") are already
> >lashing out at those who respond to you.  Such defensiveness gets
> >people riled up, and unlikely to react favorably should you one day
> >post a "Can anyone help me?" query.  Calm down.

> >Bob Schor
> >Pascal Enthusiast

> yeah...yeah! responded to me with hatred!!

> --
> Paul Thompson
> ICQ:                 12974373
> HomeSite:            http://www.thethompsons.demon.co.uk
> Alien Vibes:         http://www.thethompsons.demon.co.uk/alienvibes
> {*word*99}Trek:            http://come.to/{*word*99}trek
> Weymouth Web Design: http://welcome.to/wwd

What exactly is your problem?
--
---------------------------
Eric

***************************
ntuser@*NOSPAM*teleport.com
---------------------------
Remove *NOSPAM* to reply
***************************

Use of the return address on this message for commercial purposes is
prohibited
without my prior consent. The transmission of unsolicited commercial
material
is prohibited under federal laws (47 USC 227). Civil penalties and
claims of
$500.00 per occurrence (47 USC 227[c]) may be assessed for violations.

Re:I am new

I'm new to Turbo Pascal, no previous programming experience, and I am
looking for a good, easy to understand beginner's guide to Pascal...I would
be grateful for any pointers.
                  Many thanks, flo!

   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the the World's Discussions & Usenet

Re:I am new

JRS:  In article <uH%12.5583$C5.3711229@WReNphoon1> of Tue, 10 Nov 1998
10:35:06 in news:comp.lang.pascal.misc, F CUNNINGHAM <fcunningham@perseu

s.langside.ac.uk> wrote:
>I'm new to Turbo Pascal, no previous programming experience, and I am
>looking for a good, easy to understand beginner's guide to Pascal...I would
>be grateful for any pointers.

Hoe about one pointing to nres:comp.lang.pascal.borland (and another to
news:borland.public.turbopascal)? - & see below.

Where's Langside?

--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK.    j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk    Turnpike v4.00    MIME.
  Web <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - TP/BP/&c. FAQqish topics & links.

Re:I am new

 'Mastering Turbo Pascal 6' by  Tom Swan is an
excellent choice (in my opinion).  It might be hard to
find, but well worth it.  Published by Hayden Books.
I'm not sure if he wrote one on TP-7 or not.   His book
really helped me a lot - the pages are well worn!  Even
if you are using another version of TP, the information
still applies for the most part.  Tom is an excellent author.

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:35:06 -0800, fcunning...@perseus.langside.ac.uk

(F CUNNINGHAM) wrote:
>I'm new to Turbo Pascal, no previous programming experience, and I am
>looking for a good, easy to understand beginner's guide to Pascal...I would
>be grateful for any pointers.
>                  Many thanks, flo!

>   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
>http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the the World's Discussions & Usenet