math.pas; math.dcu

Hi All,

I've just run into an odd problem.  The Help File refers to math.pas
yet I cannot find it in my Delphi2 distribution.  Where do I find
this?  I've got an application that 'uses' it but the compiler cannot
locate it.

Thanks,

John

Automation Artisans Inc. is a company founded to provide unique, advanced technology software and hardware solutions to the manufacturing industry so that our customers can produce customized products at mass production costs.

Automation Artisans Inc.,   PO Box 20002 Sidney, BC CANADA V8L 5C9
Ph. 1-250-544-4950  Fax 1-250-544-4954

Re:math.pas; math.dcu

MATH.DCU should be under Borland\Delphi 2.0\LIB

and

MATH.PAS in Borland\Delphi 2.0\Source\RTL\SYS

If they arn't in your disk then you should be apple to find them from Delphi
2.0 CD

\RUNIMAGE\DELPHI20\LIB\MATH.DCU

AND

\RUNIMAGE\DELPHI20\SOURCE\RTL\SYS\MATH.PAS

If your apple to find all other units then Delphis search path should be OK,
but check also that it's refering to that Delphi 2.0\LIB dir

John Dammeyer wrote in message <36b0a36b.1283457...@news.islandnet.com>...
>Hi All,

>I've just run into an odd problem.  The Help File refers to math.pas
>yet I cannot find it in my Delphi2 distribution.  Where do I find
>this?  I've got an application that 'uses' it but the compiler cannot
>locate it.

>Thanks,

>John

>Automation Artisans Inc. is a company founded to provide unique, advanced

technology software and hardware solutions to the manufacturing industry so
that our customers can produce customized products at mass production costs.

>Automation Artisans Inc.,   PO Box 20002 Sidney, BC CANADA V8L 5C9
>Ph. 1-250-544-4950  Fax 1-250-544-4954

Re:math.pas; math.dcu

In addition to making sure your path is set up properly, make sure
you have the professional version; math.dcu doesn't ship with the
'standard' or whatever they call the low-tier version.

FWIW, we supply a "replacement' unit, at our site.
--
Grace + Peace  |  Peter N Roth  |  Engineering Objects Int'l
Amazon.com associate | Inprise Tool & Component Builder

: jo...@islandnet.com (John Dammeyer) wrote:

>I've just run into an odd problem.  The Help File refers to math.pas
>yet I cannot find it in my Delphi2 distribution.  Where do I find
>this?

You have Delphi 2 Desktop. The MATH unit only comes with the "real"
versions of Delphi 2, aka Developer and C/S.

--
Stefan Hoffmeister    (http://www.econos.de/)
No private email, please, unless expressly invited.

Re:math.pas; math.dcu

Stefan Hoffmeister wrote:

> : jo...@islandnet.com (John Dammeyer) wrote:

> >I've just run into an odd problem.  The Help File refers to math.pas
> >yet I cannot find it in my Delphi2 distribution.  Where do I find
> >this?

> You have Delphi 2 Desktop. The MATH unit only comes with the "real"
> versions of Delphi 2, aka Developer and C/S.

> --
> Stefan Hoffmeister    (http://www.econos.de/)
> No private email, please, unless expressly invited.

Is the Math unit  included with Delphi 2 Standard? What is the
difference between Delphi 2 Standard and Delphi Pro 3.0? egghead.com has
the first for $30 and the second for $70.

TIA

Re:math.pas; math.dcu

Sheldon C. Shallon wrote:

> Stefan Hoffmeister wrote:

> > : jo...@islandnet.com (John Dammeyer) wrote:

> > >I've just run into an odd problem.  The Help File refers to math.pas
> > >yet I cannot find it in my Delphi2 distribution.  Where do I find
> > >this?

> > You have Delphi 2 Desktop. The MATH unit only comes with the "real"
> > versions of Delphi 2, aka Developer and C/S.

> > --
> > Stefan Hoffmeister    (http://www.econos.de/)
> > No private email, please, unless expressly invited.

Please ignore my previous post. It had errors. The following is correct.

Is the Math unit included with Delphi 3 Standard? What is the
difference between Delphi 3 Standard and Delphi Pro 3.0? egghead.com has
the first for $30 and the second for $70.

TIA

Re:math.pas; math.dcu

with the Pro version, you get the source code of the VCL, as well
as math.pas. Some folks like to read that stuff... ;o)

$70 looks like a good deal ~ the upgrade to D3 Pro started
out at around $230.

--

Sheldon C. Shallon wrote in message <36B12C71.7...@ieee.org>...
>Is the Math unit included with Delphi 3 Standard? What is the
>difference between Delphi 3 Standard and Delphi Pro 3.0? egghead.com has
>the first for $30 and the second for $70.

Re:math.pas; math.dcu

John Dammeyer wrote in message <36b0a36b.1283457...@news.islandnet.com>...
>I've just run into an odd problem.  The Help File refers to math.pas
>yet I cannot find it in my Delphi2 distribution.  Where do I find
>this?  I've got an application that 'uses' it but the compiler cannot

Section A of the Delphi Math Info and Links page gives information about
the math unit.

Most functions in the math unit have alternate sources if you don't have
the math unit.  There are a directory of a large number of math functions
along with links to sources of the functions at:
www.efg2.com/lab/library/Delphi/MathFunctions

efg
_________________________________
efg's Computer Lab:       www.efg2.com/lab
Delphi Books:  www.efg2.com/lab/TechBooks/Delphi.htm

Overland Park, KS  USA

Re:math.pas; math.dcu

: "Sheldon C. Shallon" <s...@ieee.org> wrote:

>Is the Math unit included with Delphi 3 Standard?

No.

>What is the
>difference between Delphi 3 Standard and Delphi Pro 3.0? egghead.com has
>the first for $30 and the second for $70.

Except for the VCL source code and the MATH unit - I don't know,
sorry. I never even considered touching the Standard versions.

The Professional versions are always "richer", more powerful, more
productive. Spend the USD 40, they will not be wasted.

Too many people go the cheap way and try to save money - only to
complain later that Delphi does not work for them. How, if you
deliberately chose to cripple it by buying Standard or Desktop
versions?

--

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 08:03:04 GMT, no.s...@address.in.signature (Stefan

Hoffmeister) wrote:
>Too many people go the cheap way and try to save money - only to
>complain later that Delphi does not work for them. How, if you
>deliberately chose to cripple it by buying Standard or Desktop
>versions?

I got caught out this way.  But there was no way of knowing that
math.dcu was missing in the std version.  And I *don't* need the
sources or network or database stuff or ..... in the pro version.

Mean trick, with a price difference of hundreds of pounds sterling.

But it's not incredibly hard to 'roll your own'.  I believe all the
basics are there (eg exp(), log()) from which other fiunctions can be
derived.

--
regards.  Mike Scott  (mikesc...@clara.net)

Other Threads