Floodfill and printer canvas

I have been developing an application where I'm drawing an item on a
paintbox canvas, and then when requested drawing the same design to a
printer canvas (using print preview via quick reports and also from
RKcomp). The designs appear OK on the paintbox display and on the
print preview, but not when actually printed.

The problem centers around 'FloodFill'. If I use FloodFill to colour
an area on a canvas assigned to the screen then all is well. If the
canvas is directed to a printer then 'FloodFill' does not work at all,
at all. at all. (i.e the designated area is not coloured).

Anybody got any ideas - Cheers

Andy Ludgate - FBH Associates Ltd - UK

Re:Floodfill and printer canvas

f...@mail.zynet.co.uk (FBH Associates) wrote:
>I have been developing an application where I'm drawing an item on a
>paintbox canvas, and then when requested drawing the same design to a
>printer canvas (using print preview via quick reports and also from
>RKcomp). The designs appear OK on the paintbox display and on the
>print preview, but not when actually printed.
>The problem centers around 'FloodFill'. If I use FloodFill to colour
>an area on a canvas assigned to the screen then all is well. If the
>canvas is directed to a printer then 'FloodFill' does not work at all,
>at all. at all. (i.e the designated area is not coloured).
>Anybody got any ideas - Cheers

Take a look at the GetDeviceCaps function. You can determine
if your printer has FloodFill capabilities.

Perhaps this is the problem?

Best regards,
Frank
--
// Frank Mikalsen, System Developer, Finale a.s
// Homepage: http://home.sol.no/frankm

Other Threads