Popup menus calling popup menus....

I've designing a project tree as part of an IDE-shell project, and I need a
popup menu calling another popup menu. The specifics is, right clicking brings
up the first popup menu, which has project node manipulations and a "New"
command, which I want to cause to bring up a second popup menu of "Untitled"
or "Existing file".

I turn off the AutoPopup of the second popup menu, and in the OnClick for the
"New" command in the first popup I call the Popup procedure for the second
popup. But here's the problem:

I don't know the exact co-ordinates toi pass to Popup. I want the top left hand
corner of the second popup to be just to the right of the New command. Is there
some easy way to do this? Any help appreciated.

--
Paul Gilbert           | p...@yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au
Bach App Sci, Bach Eng | The opinions expressed are my own, all my own, and

Re:Popup menus calling popup menus....

>I've designing a project tree as part of an IDE-shell project, and I need a
>popup menu calling another popup menu. The specifics is, right clicking brings
>up the first popup menu, which has project node manipulations and a "New"
>command, which I want to cause to bring up a second popup menu of "Untitled"
>or "Existing file".
>I turn off the AutoPopup of the second popup menu, and in the OnClick for the
>"New" command in the first popup I call the Popup procedure for the second
>popup. But here's the problem:
>I don't know the exact co-ordinates toi pass to Popup. I want the top left hand
>corner of the second popup to be just to the right of the New command. Is there
>some easy way to do this? Any help appreciated.

Perhaps an easier approach is to use just one popup menu, and cascade
it as required. (eg, like the win95 start menu).

Wade

Other Threads