BDE replacement for ORACLE !

What is the best BDE replacement (native) for ORACLE
RDBMS.

TIA
Rado Antloga

Re:BDE replacement for ORACLE !

I have used DOA (www.allroundautomations.nl) for over two years with
great satisfaction.  Great product, great support.  Others use ODAC.
There is also dbExpress, included with D6 Enterprise, but I haven't used
it.

John Pierce

Re:BDE replacement for ORACLE !

I recomend use ODAC (www.crlab.com) this is very good.

"Rado Antloga" <radovan.antl...@siol.net> escribi en el mensaje

> What is the best BDE replacement (native) for ORACLE
> RDBMS.

> TIA
> Rado Antloga

Re:BDE replacement for ORACLE !

Pick either DOA or ODAC (as suggested above).  They both offer native
communications with the Oracle Client and will give you the most speed out
of all the connection types.  They both support all the features Oracle has
to offer in the "proper way", so that you don't wind up with a non-working
feature in your application (read as objects, array types, nested tables,
direct path loading, etc.).  You can't go wrong with either.

I've found the DOA forum at www.allroundautomations.nl quite nice as you
won't need to call technical support.  Responses seem to be rather quick,
and at 3:00AM, you have the chance someone will respond...

I have not had any experience with ODAC's technical support - specifically
if it requires a phone call or if they have a forum.

Eric

Eric Hill <e...@ijack.net> wrote in message news:3bcdd651_1@dnews...
> I have not had any experience with ODAC's technical support - specifically
> if it requires a phone call or if they have a forum.

I use the ODAC from CoreLab and PL/SQL Developer from AllroundAutomations.

Regarding their tech support, CoreLab has improved recently but is still
unable to compare with AllroundAutomations.

Ping Kam

Re:BDE replacement for ORACLE !

Thank you all !!

Best Regards
Rado Antloga

i used http://www.da-soft.com/ is free and open source

> What is the best BDE replacement (native) for ORACLE
> RDBMS.

> TIA
> Rado Antloga

Other Threads