Help, Secondary Index problem...

Hi,

Using D4 C/S P3, Paradox Tables BDE 5.10 Update.

Also using NT4.0 SP5

I'm having a problem with secondary indexes I created. I created them
with the Database Desktop and if I view the indexes on the local
drive, I can see they exist.

If I copy the entire folder to another Logical drive in my PC Database
Desktop can still see the secondary indexes.

If I copy the entire folder to a network drive, Database Desktop
cannot no longer see the secondary indexes.

Does anyone know why?

Note: I have copied the entire contents of the directory that contains
all the tables and index files

Many Thanks,

Robbie...

Re:Help, Secondary Index problem...

lucidt...@ozemail.com.au (Robbie) wrote:
>Hi,

>Using D4 C/S P3, Paradox Tables BDE 5.10 Update.

>Also using NT4.0 SP5

>I'm having a problem with secondary indexes I created. I created them
>with the Database Desktop and if I view the indexes on the local
>drive, I can see they exist.

>If I copy the entire folder to another Logical drive in my PC Database
>Desktop can still see the secondary indexes.

>If I copy the entire folder to a network drive, Database Desktop
>cannot no longer see the secondary indexes.

>Does anyone know why?

>Note: I have copied the entire contents of the directory that contains
>all the tables and index files

>Many Thanks,

>Robbie...

I forgot to mention, I am using NTFS and tried copying the tables onto
a FAT32 network drive. I have also tried copying the tables to a FAT16
drive and found the same problem.

I don't know if this is relevant...

Robbie...

Re:Help, Secondary Index problem...

Have u tried opening the database in DD then saving the structure plus
data to the new location?

--
Live Better,
Drive Harder,

"Jonathan.Taylor" <Jonathan.Tay...@durham.ac.uk> wrote:
>Have u tried opening the database in DD then saving the structure plus
>data to the new location?

Jonathan,

Yes I have. Since then, I have copied DD to the network drive and
shazam, it now works. I think the problem may have been the fact that
I was trying to view the tables with DD installed on an NTFS drive.

I have also since found out that NTFS does not understand FAT32, but I
would have thought it wouldn't matter on a network drive.

Anyway, it's now working, so thanks for your reply anyway.

Robbie...

Other Threads