Add Text file to Paradox table?

wp0001 wrote:

> Hello,

> I have a problem to add a text file data exported by FoxPro (using copy to
> .. delimited with Tab/Blank) to a Paradox Table (Delphi).
> Any suggestions?

> Thank you!

> Sammy Leung

I tackled this problem via Delphi code using the age old Reset, Readln
type calls from my college Pascal days. I would be happy to share some
of that:

    Assignfile(Infile,'OldDosData.txt');
    Reset(Infile);

    while not EOF(infile) do
    begin
      Readln(Infile, InFileStr);
    end; // end while

InFileStr has the current line of text with each loop in your while.
What you do with that text line is up to you and your needs. I parse it
out into small chunks of data and write it to my Paradox table:

Re:Add Text file to Paradox table?

Hello,

I have a problem to add a text file data exported by FoxPro (using copy to
.. delimited with Tab/Blank) to a Paradox Table (Delphi).
Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Sammy Leung

Re:Add Text file to Paradox table?

You can probably use the BDE ASCII driver to import the file directly.  See
TI2844 at www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/ti_list or the file ASCIIDRV.TXT
in the Delphi 1 \doc directory on your D3 or D4 CD.

--
Bill Todd

Bill Todd (TeamB) wrote:

> You can probably use the BDE ASCII driver to import the file directly.  See
> TI2844 at www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/ti_list or the file ASCIIDRV.TXT
> in the Delphi 1 \doc directory on your D3 or D4 CD.

> --
> Bill Todd
> (Sorry but TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)
> (Remove nospam from my email address to contact me for any other reason)

 Bill's solution seems like a MUCH more elegant solution than mine. I
will be trying this one out on my DOS to Delphi conversion program.

Jeannine Menger
PC Synergy
760-931-0350 x119

In article <35D6021C....@pacbell.net>, Jeannine Menger wrote:
> Bill's solution seems like a MUCH more elegant solution than mine.

but that is the slowest way.

Regards, Joachim

Other Threads