Delphi 3 Pro & MSAccess 97

Hi

I have been asked to do an app. using Delphi 3 (professional ed.) and MS
Access 97.
Is that a problem ?

I have heard that the BDE that comes with Delphi 3 pro can't connect to
Access 97 ?

Do I need a new BDE, ver. 4.51 ? Where can I get it (yes, I know borland
supplies it but I can't seem to find it on their download pages)

Regards

Henrik Poulsen

Re:Delphi 3 Pro & MSAccess 97

Hi Henrik
You can download directly BDE 5.0 from www.inprise.com and susbstitute in
MSACCES native driver the DLL from : IDDAO32.dll to IDDA3532.dll.
I've Delphi 3.0 suite and now works ok . . .
Henrik T. Poulsen wrote:
> Hi

> I have been asked to do an app. using Delphi 3 (professional ed.) and MS
> Access 97.
> Is that a problem ?

> I have heard that the BDE that comes with Delphi 3 pro can't connect to
> Access 97 ?

> Do I need a new BDE, ver. 4.51 ? Where can I get it (yes, I know borland
> supplies it but I can't seem to find it on their download pages)

> Regards

> Henrik Poulsen

Other Threads