HELP: Out of System Resources with BDE

Hi, Help Please:
I've created a little app in Delphi 1.0 that uses the BDE to manage a
small database. It works fine under Windows 95, but I need to run it
on Windows 3.1 platforms with 8MB ram. The problem is, whenever I do
so, I get Out of System Resource errors all the time (especially when
I try to create new forms). I know I'm not out of System Resources, A)
because I've been through the code 100 times, and B) because I've a
little window that tells me I have over 80% free system resources.
Does anyone have any idea what might be generating this error under
Windows 3.1, and _especially_, what I can do about it?
Thanks in advance,
Craig

Re:HELP: Out of System Resources with BDE

In <4pm5ai$...@dodo.global.co.za> late...@global.co.za (Craig

Mason-Jones) writes:

>Hi, Help Please:
>I've created a little app in Delphi 1.0 that uses the BDE to manage a
>small database. It works fine under Windows 95, but I need to run it
>on Windows 3.1 platforms with 8MB ram. The problem is, whenever I do
>so, I get Out of System Resource errors all the time (especially when
>I try to create new forms). I know I'm not out of System Resources, A)
>because I've been through the code 100 times, and B) because I've a
>little window that tells me I have over 80% free system resources.
>Does anyone have any idea what might be generating this error under
>Windows 3.1, and _especially_, what I can do about it?
>Thanks in advance,
>Craig

Try increasing Window Handles in the BDE.  You also might want to
create a new project file and add your old units.  Sometimes there
might be some bug stuck in your project which will be cleared up with a
new project file.  You can also try increasing the heap size in the
BDE.

Ben
Arrow

Other Threads