Help! Starting Unix Interbase Server

We have installed Interbase on our SCO Unix machine.

Now we want to start the server so that we can access it via the client
processes over our TCP/IP network.

I have looked in the "Installing and Running on Unix" manual but there is
nothing about TCP/IP or starting the server process.

Thanks,

H. Smith
--
Henry Smith (h...@crl.com)

Re:Help! Starting Unix Interbase Server

Henry B. Smith wrote:

> We have installed Interbase on our SCO Unix machine.

> Now we want to start the server so that we can access it via the client
> processes over our TCP/IP network.

> I have looked in the "Installing and Running on Unix" manual but there is
> nothing about TCP/IP or starting the server process.

> Thanks,

> H. Smith
> --
> Henry Smith (h...@crl.com)

If you had TCP/IP installed on your SCO box before you installed
InterBAse then everything is done. The InterBase server will
automatically start when the first person attaches to port 3050 on your
TCP/IP service. Inetd on your SCO box is responsible for starting
InterBase.

hope this helps

--

Robert Schieck
MER Systems Inc.

Client/Server Development and Training using Delphi,  InterBase and
Oracle

InterBase page  http://www.mers.com/interbase.html
udflib page     http://www.mers.com/product.html
TDUG page       http://www.mers.com/tdug.html      -Toronto Delphi Users