Local Interbase Server useless in Developer Edition?

When developing with Delphi 1.0 (not C/S), I could use the Interbase products
that came with it as a testing ground for Delphi-developed applications.  Now,
having upgraded to Delphi Developer 2.0, I find that I can't get the local
Interbase Server that came with it to work in the same way.  I keep getting the
message "Driver not known to system" when trying to connect.  Have I configured
something wrong, or is it possible that the Interbase that comes with the
Developer's Edition cannot actually be used to develop anything?

Re:Local Interbase Server useless in Developer Edition?

In article <4k3i63$...@reader2.ix.netcom.com>, Nicho...@BelServ.COM says...

>When developing with Delphi 1.0 (not C/S), I could use the Interbase products
>that came with it as a testing ground for Delphi-developed applications.  Now,
>having upgraded to Delphi Developer 2.0, I find that I can't get the local
>Interbase Server that came with it to work in the same way.  I keep getting the
>message "Driver not known to system" when trying to connect.  Have I configured
>something wrong, or is it possible that the Interbase that comes with the
>Developer's Edition cannot actually be used to develop anything?

Following up with the solution I discovered this weekend:
After much trial and error and good leads from two who wrote me directly (Brad
Aisa and Tom Bradford), I discovered that my IDAPI32 configuration was missing
the DLL32 parameter.  After unsuccessfully reinstalling from the CD, I found
that manually inserting the DLL32 key into the registry did the trick.  Perhaps
there's some installation problem merging with my legacy IDAPI(16)
configuration.

Mark Nichols

Re:Local Interbase Server useless in Developer Edition?

> In article <4k3i63$...@reader2.ix.netcom.com>, Nicho...@BelServ.COM
says...

>When developing with Delphi 1.0 (not C/S), I could use the Interbase
>products that came with it as a testing ground for Delphi-developed
>applications.  Now, having upgraded to Delphi Developer 2.0, I find
>that I can't get the local Interbase Server that came with it to work
>in the same way.  I keep getting the message "Driver not known to
>system" when trying to connect.  Have I configured
>something wrong, or is it possible that the Interbase that comes with
>the Developer's Edition cannot actually be used to develop anything?

It would seem (spit!) that the Delphi 2 local interbase will not work on
a mapped drive.  Could that be your problem?

What I really enjoy is that when you try to connect to a database it
can't find locally i.e. on your very own hard disk, it goes off into a
little dream world only to be coaxed back by termination!

--
Matt McKenzie

Other Threads