using external editor

I apologize if this isn't the most appropriate forum for this question,
but I searched the delphi docs and could not find an answer and don't know
anywhere else to ask...

Does anyone know if the Delphi IDE allows you to replace their default
text editor with an external editor of your choosing? If so, how does one
go about doing this? I am interested in version 6 in particular.

Thanks!

    Dave

--
Dave Chisholm
Check out my instrumental guitar album at:

Re:using external editor

> Does anyone know if the Delphi IDE allows you to replace their default
> text editor with an external editor of your choosing? If so, how does one
> go about doing this? I am interested in version 6 in particular.

You could use any editor, then compile your work with the command line
compiler DCC32.EXE.

/Jens

Re:using external editor

On Tue, 6 May 2003 17:49:44 +0200, "Jens Bj?rnhager" <jen...@home.se>
wrote:

>> Does anyone know if the Delphi IDE allows you to replace their default
>> text editor with an external editor of your choosing? If so, how does one
>> go about doing this? I am interested in version 6 in particular.

>You could use any editor, then compile your work with the command line
>compiler DCC32.EXE.

But you would use the assistance of the IDE
- which would be a pain in the a***

Re:using external editor

> But you would use the assistance of the IDE
> - which would be a pain in the a***

What?

/Jens

Re:using external editor

On Wed, 7 May 2003 00:32:02 +0200, "Jens Bj?rnhager" <jen...@home.se>
wrote:

>> But you would use the assistance of the IDE
>> - which would be a pain in the a***

>What?

Quite - a typing mistake :-

    But you would _lose_ the assistance of the IDE

Out of curiousity why do you want to use something else ?

IMO the IDE editor is pretty good

Other Threads