Help: Java/Delphi and Java/DDE Communication

Hi,

    I'm trying to find a way to communicate (two-way method calls)
between two standard applications, one is written in Delphi and the
other in Java.
    I suppose the standard way is to use COM objects, but does anyone
have a working sample or piece of code for doing this?

    Also, do you know if there's a way to communicate between Java and
other MS apps using the DDE protocol?
    Maybe you have DDE-COM bridge or something like that?

    Thanks,
    Lior.

Re:Help: Java/Delphi and Java/DDE Communication

Are the applications on the same machine? The simplest solution might be to
use standard Windows messaging.  You would have to write a JNI class for the
Java application to use.  It's effectively a dll which would send and
respond to wm_user messages.

You can find a Delphi translation of JNI at the project Jedi website.

Lior Sharon wrote in message

<6f098dfd.0108020116.70e3b...@posting.google.com>...
>Hi,

>    I'm trying to find a way to communicate (two-way method calls)
>between two standard applications, one is written in Delphi and the
>other in Java.
>    I suppose the standard way is to use COM objects, but does anyone
>have a working sample or piece of code for doing this?

>    Also, do you know if there's a way to communicate between Java and
>other MS apps using the DDE protocol?
>    Maybe you have DDE-COM bridge or something like that?

>    Thanks,
>    Lior.

Re:Help: Java/Delphi and Java/DDE Communication

I can see the header of your post on my ISP's copy of this
newsgroup, but it hasn't been sent to Borland's news
server.
That means that most of the people who read Borland's
newsgroups cannot see your post.

To post messages that other people will see, you need to
connect to Borland's server, newsgroups.borland.com,
directly. Here's a link with instructions if you don't know
how:
http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/newsinfo.html

If you cannot connect directly to newsgroups because
of a firewall, you can post to Borland's newsgroups
via the web pages at http://newsgroups.borland.com/

--
Deborah Pate

Other Threads