Problems with Delphi 3.01 Client/Server Suite

Whenever I launched Delphi 3.01 Client/Server Suite, it will just hang there.
The splash screen will be shown and after a few seconds, it will just hang
there.

Initially, I thought it was the problems of my Win95. Thus, I format my
harddisk and re-install Win95. But it is of no use and the same problems occur
again. I suspect my DirectX 6 is causing it.

Anyone has any ideas why?

Thanks.

Re:Problems with Delphi 3.01 Client/Server Suite

Turn your graphics acceleration down all the way and run Delphi.  If
it works, notch the graphics acceleration up until it fails.  You now
know how high you can have it before your S3 video card makes Delphi
barf.

-Peter

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 10:57:44 GMT, cole_n_yo...@yahoo.com wrote:
>Whenever I launched Delphi 3.01 Client/Server Suite, it will just hang there.
>The splash screen will be shown and after a few seconds, it will just hang
>there.

>Initially, I thought it was the problems of my Win95. Thus, I format my
>harddisk and re-install Win95. But it is of no use and the same problems occur
>again. I suspect my DirectX 6 is causing it.

>Anyone has any ideas why?

>Thanks.

>http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

Re:Problems with Delphi 3.01 Client/Server Suite

Sounds like video card problems yet again :(

Try adding -NS to your Delphi command line to disable the splash screen. I
do know that apparently there is a similar problem with C++ builder and this
is the way to get around it.

HTH

Gary

cole_n_yo...@yahoo.com wrote in message <781of5$l4...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Whenever I launched Delphi 3.01 Client/Server Suite, it will just hang
there.
>The splash screen will be shown and after a few seconds, it will just hang
>there.

>Initially, I thought it was the problems of my Win95. Thus, I format my
>harddisk and re-install Win95. But it is of no use and the same problems
occur
>again. I suspect my DirectX 6 is causing it.

>Anyone has any ideas why?

>Thanks.

>http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

Other Threads