Unkown software exeception help!

Hi all,

I have 2 users that are 3000+ miles away from me. They are Window NT and
Windows 95 with MS/IE 4.0 installed. They have been running my app using BDE
and SQL6.5 fine. Now I ship them the ADO2.6 version and whenever they bring
up the app, the 1st error is "Unkown software exeception". I have them
installed MDAC2.6 and still goes nowhere.

To debug, I installed Windows 95 on a very old PC (32MB Ram) with MS/IE 3.0
only, Windows 95 DCOM, and MDAC2.6. My app running fine here.I have not
tested the NT WS yet.

I have a question: My ADO app does not open the database (TADOConnection and
its TADOQueries are located on a TDATAModule, The datamodule is created
first during the app initilization) until the user clicks a "Open DataBase"
button. By creating the DataModule, will ADO connection attempted even if I
set it to False at design time?

Thanks for your sharing!

Thomas

Re:Unkown software exeception help!

>I have 2 users that are 3000+ miles away from me. They are Window NT and
>Windows 95 with MS/IE 4.0 installed. They have been running my app using BDE
>and SQL6.5 fine. Now I ship them the ADO2.6 version and whenever they bring
>up the app, the 1st error is "Unkown software exeception". I have them
>installed MDAC2.6 and still goes nowhere.

Are you sure you have the last SQL 6.5 service pack installed?  6.5 does not
support ADO with out that service pack
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Unkown software exeception help!

I am very sure so. Because other users are using the same app and they have
no problem.

Thanks,

Tom

> >I have 2 users that are 3000+ miles away from me. They are Window NT and
> >Windows 95 with MS/IE 4.0 installed. They have been running my app using
BDE
> >and SQL6.5 fine. Now I ship them the ADO2.6 version and whenever they
bring
> >up the app, the 1st error is "Unkown software exeception". I have them
> >installed MDAC2.6 and still goes nowhere.

> Are you sure you have the last SQL 6.5 service pack installed?  6.5 does
not
> support ADO with out that service pack
> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)