Board index » delphi » ctrl-alt-del

ctrl-alt-del

Hi.  Sorry - really boring things.

1. Any way of disabling Ctrl-Alt-Del in Borland Pascal.

2. I know how to write interrupt handler in BP... but how
  do you service the original interupt to keep the system going.

   e.g if you overwrite the system clock interrupt with your
       own interrupt handler - how do you execute the system interrupt.
       If you dont, you get no clock and the system hangs up.
--
John D. Taylor (Zed)

Work :                                           Play:
+-----------------+  j...@rtel.demon.co.uk                    
| +-------------+ |  Real Time Engineering Ltd.   Hills, Mountains, Bothies,
| |  Real Time  | |  Glasgow G3 6BE               Camping - yum.....
| +-------------+ |  Scotland U.K.                {*word*193} {*word*193} Computers.
| Engineering Ltd |  Tel: +44 (0)141 332 9400              
+-----------------+  Fax: +44 (0)141 331 2509

 

Re:ctrl-alt-del


In article <822921018...@rtel.demon.co.uk>
           j...@rtel.demon.co.uk "John D. Taylor" writes:

DOS - not windows

Quote

> Hi.  Sorry - really boring things.

> 1. Any way of disabling Ctrl-Alt-Del in Borland Pascal.

> 2. I know how to write interrupt handler in BP... but how
>   do you service the original interupt to keep the system going.

>    e.g if you overwrite the system clock interrupt with your
>        own interrupt handler - how do you execute the system interrupt.
>        If you dont, you get no clock and the system hangs up.
> --
> John D. Taylor (Zed)

> Work :                                           Play:
> +-----------------+  j...@rtel.demon.co.uk                    
> | +-------------+ |  Real Time Engineering Ltd.   Hills, Mountains, Bothies,
> | |  Real Time  | |  Glasgow G3 6BE               Camping - yum.....
> | +-------------+ |  Scotland U.K.                {*word*193} {*word*193} Computers.
> | Engineering Ltd |  Tel: +44 (0)141 332 9400              
> +-----------------+  Fax: +44 (0)141 331 2509

--
John D. Taylor (Zed)

Work :                                           Play:
+-----------------+  j...@rtel.demon.co.uk                    
| +-------------+ |  Real Time Engineering Ltd.   Hills, Mountains, Bothies,
| |  Real Time  | |  Glasgow G3 6BE               Camping - yum.....
| +-------------+ |  Scotland U.K.                {*word*193} {*word*193} Computers.
| Engineering Ltd |  Tel: +44 (0)141 332 9400              
+-----------------+  Fax: +44 (0)141 331 2509

Re:ctrl-alt-del


"John D. Taylor" <j...@rtel.demon.co.uk> wrote:

Quote

>Hi.  Sorry - really boring things.

>1. Any way of disabling Ctrl-Alt-Del in Borland Pascal.

>2. I know how to write interrupt handler in BP... but how
>  do you service the original interupt to keep the system going.

>   e.g if you overwrite the system clock interrupt with your
>       own interrupt handler - how do you execute the system interrupt.
>       If you dont, you get no clock and the system hangs up.
>--
>John D. Taylor (Zed)

>Work :                                           Play:
>+-----------------+  j...@rtel.demon.co.uk                    
>| +-------------+ |  Real Time Engineering Ltd.   Hills, Mountains, Bothies,
>| |  Real Time  | |  Glasgow G3 6BE               Camping - yum.....
>| +-------------+ |  Scotland U.K.                {*word*193} {*word*193} Computers.
>| Engineering Ltd |  Tel: +44 (0)141 332 9400              
>+-----------------+  Fax: +44 (0)141 331 2509

Concerning your second problem : BEFORE overwriting an interrupt vector, you
MUST store the old one (e.g use getintvec). You will need this anyway to
restore
the systems state before program termination (otherwise it will most certainly
crash !). You can then use the old interrupt vector to pass control to the old
routine, sort of like this :

program dummy;
uses dos;

var oldvect:procedure;

{$F+}
procedure newvect; interrupt;
begin

  {DO SOMETHING}

  oldvect;
end; {newvect}
{$F-}

begin
  getintvec( IntNo, @oldvect );
  setintvec( IntNo, addr(newvect) );
  {Right now, newvect is hooked !}
  setintvec( IntNo, addr(oldvect) ); {RESTORE !!!!!}
end.

While this is a very simple method, it is not one of the best, because all
interrupts are blocked until your routine is finished. (Including TIMER !).
To prevent this, move the "oldvect;" line to the beginning of the procedure.
Then however you must make your procedure reentrant or keep a flag to prevent
reentrance.

- Christian Froeschlin

Re:ctrl-alt-del


In article <822921018...@rtel.demon.co.uk>,
John D. Taylor <j...@rtel.demon.co.uk> wrote:
:1. Any way of disabling Ctrl-Alt-Del in Borland Pascal.

I would guess (but I am not sure) no differently from Turbo Pascal.
If so, then

 93045 Jan 1 09:31 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
 tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers

   All the best, Timo

....................................................................
Prof. Timo Salmi   Co-moderator of news:comp.archives.msdos.announce
Moderating at ftp:// & http://garbo.uwasa.fi archives  193.166.120.5
Department of Accounting and Business Finance  ; University of Vaasa
t...@uwasa.fi http://uwasa.fi/~ts BBS 961-3170972; FIN-65101,  Finland

Re:ctrl-alt-del


HYa... "John,

Monday January 29 1996 14:10, "John D. Taylor"  wrote to All:

 JT> 1. Any way of disabling Ctrl-Alt-Del in Borland Pascal.
Uhmz just replace the Int 9 keyboard handler with one of your own that doesn't
call that (i think it is) int 5 voor that system reboot...

 JT> 2. I know how to write interrupt handler in BP... but how
 JT>   do you service the original interupt to keep the system going.
Just put

 Port[$20]:=$20;

At the end. It is the 'interrupt knowledge' of sumthing... but without it
nothing worx, becoz the CPU is sitll waiting for the interrupt to end..

Zya nxt time.... Delta Ray

... But soft, what light through yonder tagline breaks?
--
| Standard disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly his own.

Re:ctrl-alt-del


Quote
Delta....@60-1000-107-0.idn.nl (Delta Ray) wrote:
>HYa... "John,

>Monday January 29 1996 14:10, "John D. Taylor"  wrote to All:

> JT> 2. I know how to write interrupt handler in BP... but how
> JT>   do you service the original interupt to keep the system going.
>Just put

> Port[$20]:=$20;

>At the end. It is the 'interrupt knowledge' of sumthing... but without it
>nothing worx, becoz the CPU is sitll waiting for the interrupt to end..

Args. Actually that doesn't serve the original interrupt, but rather deprives
it of well-deserved information, as PORT[$20]:=$20 signals an EOI (End Of
Interrupt) to the PIC controlling IRQ 0-7 (you need another port for 8-15).
Use this only if this is your intention, e.g. if you wish to hide an inter-
cepted keystroke from the system !

- Christian Froeschlin.

Re:ctrl-alt-del


"John D. Taylor" <j...@rtel.demon.co.uk> wrote:

Quote
>Hi.  Sorry - really boring things.
>1. Any way of disabling Ctrl-Alt-Del in Borland Pascal.
>--
>John D. Taylor (Zed)
>Work :                                           Play:
>+-----------------+  j...@rtel.demon.co.uk                    
>| +-------------+ |  Real Time Engineering Ltd.   Hills, Mountains, Bothies,
>| |  Real Time  | |  Glasgow G3 6BE               Camping - yum.....
>| +-------------+ |  Scotland U.K.                {*word*193} {*word*193} Computers.
>| Engineering Ltd |  Tel: +44 (0)141 332 9400              
>+-----------------+  Fax: +44 (0)141 331 2509

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll send to you James Scott Sanbar's NONSTOP by email, including a
binairy attachment. I vaguely remember NONSTOP was published in the
German magazine DOS-Extra in 1994.
Good luck!

-------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------
|     Name     : Thale Hadderingh         |
|     Address  : Van Sijsenstraat 18A     |
|                NL-9724 NN Groningen     |
|     Telephone: +31-(0)50 318 79 18      |
|     E-mail   : th...@pi.net             |
-------------------------------------------

Other Threads