connect from Windows 2000 client to Linux Interbase server

Hi,

I am trying to implement the following scenario:

Server side: Redhat Linux running Interbase 6
Client side: Windows 2000 Professional running Interclient 2 and my own web
software

I am trying to see if I can connect my web software via Interclient in
Windows 2000 to Interbase database on Redhat server. I am able to run
IBConsole from the same Windows 2000 system and connect to the Interbase.
But when I ran the "Communication Diagnostics" program (That is,
C:\WINNT\System32\javaw.exe interbase.interclient.utils.CommDiag), it gave
me an error as follows:
_________

InterClient Release:                   2.0.1 Test Build, Client/Server
Edition
InterClient compatible JRE versions:   1.2
InterClient compatible IB versions:    5, 6
InterClient driver name:               interbase.interclient.Driver
InterClient JDBC protocol:             jdbc:interbase:
InterClient JDBC protocol version:     20001
InterClient expiration date:           no expiration date

Testing database URL jdbc:interbase://10.1.2.113//opt/interbase/mctest.gdb.

***** Error or Exception Occurred *****
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: interbase/interclient/ErrorKey, method: _$372
signature: (Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;I)V) Expecting to find
unitialized object on stack
***** Installation problem detected! *****
_________

I also tried to use the one from jdk 1.2.2 and it yields the same error.

Please help!
Thanks!