Running 16bit and 32bit Delphi BDE apps against same Dbase files

I am in the process of converting two 16bit Delphi apps to 32 bits (Delphi 5).
Both apps share the same Dbase tables. I have completed the conversion of one
of them. Can the two apps (one 16bit and one 32bit) still access/update these
tables without corrupting them ? I assume that both the 16 and 32 bit BDEs can
co-exist on a pc.

Both apps are deployed on several pcs, with the shared Dbase tables stored on
a dedicated file server. Each client pc has its own copy of the BDE(s).

Thanks for any info.
Ray Raheem
CGI