choose from a list

I want to have users choose a value for a field in database 'A' from a
list of choices.  The list of choices comes from a table in database
'B'.  I want a dropdown list.  I can populate a dbcombobox with the
values to choose from, but I can't figure out how to make the chosen
value from the list become the value for the field in the other
database.  The on change event isn't firing when a value is chosen from
the list.  How do I access the value of the string chosen in the list?
Thanks.

Re:choose from a list

Access the value from the TTable the DBCombo box is attached to.

DataTable.FieldByName('SomeField').Value :=
LookupTable.FieldByName('LookupField').Value;

--
Bill

Other Threads