filtering on a filtered set, possible?

Hi,

Is it possible to let the filter work on an already filtered set without
resorting to queries?  The OnFilterRecord event of TTable filters the
entire table records everytime.  Is there a way to just filter from the
already filtered set? For example, you have set the Filter to Age>30 (the
Filtering browses through all the records), now you change the filter to
Age>30 and State='CA', the table will do a brute force filtering of the
entire records again. It would have been faster to filter only on the
result of the last filter. This is easy to do with SQL, but can you do it
with a TTable and a code that works on successive filtering? Is this
impossible?

Re:filtering on a filtered set, possible?

You cannot filter a filter.

Bill

--
Bill Todd

Re:filtering on a filtered set, possible?

Yes. It works. Just update your filter and do not forget setup Filtered =
True.

--
Sincerely yours,

Vitaliy V. Fursov             <dek...@home.com>