BDE 5 deployment

hi folks....

i've just loaded delphi 4 and i own installshield professional....

i want to deploy to 32 bit platforms.....

how do i deploy BDE 5, it seems that the redist directory isn't on the
cd-rom anymore....

is there a preferred way to deploy BDE5

thanks.....bob

Re:BDE 5 deployment

You need to use an approved installer to install the BDE.  Installshield and
Wise are two that I know of.  You might need to write installshield about
getting a script file for BDE5.0.  Also on your CD is Installshield Express
that will have the proper scripts for the BDE.

Jeff Overcash

In article <35C9FE20.6...@netins.net>, rtwil...@netins.net wrote:
>hi folks....

>i've just loaded delphi 4 and i own installshield professional....

>i want to deploy to 32 bit platforms.....

>how do i deploy BDE 5, it seems that the redist directory isn't on the
>cd-rom anymore....

>is there a preferred way to deploy BDE5

>thanks.....bob

Re:BDE 5 deployment

There's not an InstallShield Pro script yet. IS just released a Pro template
for BDE 4.51. You may want to periodically check the InstallShield web site
for a template. I don't know what the deal is with the BDE installs. I guess
if you write anything other than simple apps you're not supposed to deploy
them for six months while you wait for the latest BDE install to become
available. Prior to the release of the BDE 4.51 template, I was using IS
Express to install BDE. I wrote the installation for our application in IS
Pro 5.1, and had the script perform LaunchAppAndWait to start the BDE
install. I modified the Express install so that it didn't have any dialogs -
it just installed BDE with my preset options.

William

Robert T. Wilson wrote in message <35C9FE20.6...@netins.net>...
>hi folks....

>i've just loaded delphi 4 and i own installshield professional....

>i want to deploy to 32 bit platforms.....

>how do i deploy BDE 5, it seems that the redist directory isn't on the
>cd-rom anymore....

>is there a preferred way to deploy BDE5

>thanks.....bob

Re:BDE 5 deployment

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998 07:35:47 -0400, "William Randlett"

<...WilliamRandl...@GeiselSoftware.com> wrote:
>available. Prior to the release of the BDE 4.51 template, I was using IS
>Express to install BDE. I wrote the installation for our application in IS
>Pro 5.1, and had the script perform LaunchAppAndWait to start the BDE
>install. I modified the Express install so that it didn't have any dialogs -
>it just installed BDE with my preset options.

William,

BDE 4.51 took a while because there was no-one to work on the template. BDE
5.0 support will be in the next version release. InstallShield 5.1 users
may possibly download that new template as well. However I don't know the
details yet.

Stefan
InstallShield Software Corp.

Re:BDE 5 deployment

Bob,

Go with the Wise installation tools.  The product is solid and they
are very prompt with the scripts for new versions of the BDE.

Eric

On Thu, 06 Aug 1998 14:04:00 -0500, "Robert T. Wilson"

<rtwil...@netins.net> wrote:
>hi folks....

>i've just loaded delphi 4 and i own installshield professional....

>i want to deploy to 32 bit platforms.....

>how do i deploy BDE 5, it seems that the redist directory isn't on the
>cd-rom anymore....

>is there a preferred way to deploy BDE5

>thanks.....bob

Other Threads