Can't Load MsAcess Files

Whenever I try to Set up the MsAccess (and or Excel) database drivers,
using the BDE Administrotor, I get the following Error.

"Cannot load an IDAPI service library"
"File: IDODBC32.DLL"
"Alias: MS Access 7.0 Database"

According to the ODBC Data Source Administrator
the ODBC Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) driver is "ODBCJ32.DLL" ....
HUH????
Am I comparing apples and oranges??

Whenever I try to load a MsAccess database Delphi gives me the error

"Your application is not enabled for use with this driver.
Alias: MS Access 7.0 Database"

My System:

Windows 95
Delphi v3.0  Standard  (Apparently there are two updates)
bde  v4.00    ( 4.51 is the latest??)

It has taken some digging, but I am getting the impression that Borland
doesn't feel that I have spent enough money (ie I need at least the
Professional version to allow access to "ACCESS")

Any help is greatly appreciated
Desi Dubajic
Draughtsman/Programmer
Stanley Technology Group
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Re:Can't Load MsAcess Files

Standard does not allow ODBC support that is at the pro level.  You can use
the native Access link according to the product matrix.  You might want to
consider moving to BDE 4.51 if you need to use DAO3.5

Jeff Overcash

In article <6jvi1k$q0...@forums.borland.com>, "Desi Dubajic"

<dduba...@stantech.com> wrote:
>Whenever I try to Set up the MsAccess (and or Excel) database drivers,
>using the BDE Administrotor, I get the following Error.

>"Cannot load an IDAPI service library"
>"File: IDODBC32.DLL"
>"Alias: MS Access 7.0 Database"

>According to the ODBC Data Source Administrator
>the ODBC Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) driver is "ODBCJ32.DLL" ....
>HUH????
>Am I comparing apples and oranges??

>Whenever I try to load a MsAccess database Delphi gives me the error

>"Your application is not enabled for use with this driver.
>Alias: MS Access 7.0 Database"

>My System:

>Windows 95
>Delphi v3.0  Standard  (Apparently there are two updates)
>bde  v4.00    ( 4.51 is the latest??)

>It has taken some digging, but I am getting the impression that Borland
>doesn't feel that I have spent enough money (ie I need at least the
>Professional version to allow access to "ACCESS")

>Any help is greatly appreciated
>Desi Dubajic
>Draughtsman/Programmer
>Stanley Technology Group
>Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Re:Can't Load MsAcess Files

I checked and this file does not exist ANYWHERE on my computer.
Yes, I did a complete install and the BDE resides on my computer.

However while perusing the CD I read a readme.txt file which mentioned
something about the BDE handling DAO3.0 and NOT DAO3.5

Since I never loaded any version of Microsoft Access prior to '97, the old
DAO3.0 never existed.

I am currently upgrading to BDE 4.51 and this (I Hope) should resolve the
problem of using NATIVE MsAccess. I guess I'll have to upgrade to PRO
to allow ODBC access. (Is there a cheap upgrade from 3.0 standard to
3.02 Pro??)

PS. Is there any way to obtain the Release 1 upgrade, without having to
order it from Borland (Inprise). It's not the $15, rather the 3-4 weeks
delivery.
Can it be dowloaded? Or is it being carried at some Software Outlets?
I'm in Edmonton, Canada.

Bill Todd (TeamB) wrote in message <6jvreq$q...@forums.borland.com>...
>IDODBC32.DLL is one of the BDE DLLs.  It should be in your BDE directory.

>--
>Bill

>(TeamB cannot answer questions received via email.)
>(To contact me for any other reason remove nospam from my address)

Re:Can't Load MsAcess Files

Yes.  That should cure your problem.  You must have BDE 4.51 to use DAO 3.5.
You will have to ask someone from Inprise about upgrade pricing.

--
Bill