Connect Interbase Server with TCP/IP

Hi All,
There is a WinNT Server running Interbase Server. I can login this
server and connect to a database on the server in "Interbase Server
Manager" of D1. TCP/IP is specified in the server manager.
But I can not connect to this server in "Interbase Connect Utility"
(connect.exe). I set the parameters as following:
        Database-Path: //server.stc.co.cn/Intrbase/test.gdb
        UserName:SYSDBA
        Password:******
An error occured and said:

"Connection Error:
===============
Unable to complete network request to host "server.stc.co.cn".
  Failed to establish a connection.
  The remote host is not responding or you may lack proper security to
 access network resources."

Neither can I access the server by alias. Any one has a clue?

Jack Ho
jac...@bigfoot.com

Re:Connect Interbase Server with TCP/IP

Jack Ho wrote:

> Hi All,
> There is a WinNT Server running Interbase Server. I can login this
> server and connect to a database on the server in "Interbase Server
> Manager" of D1. TCP/IP is specified in the server manager.
> But I can not connect to this server in "Interbase Connect Utility"
> (connect.exe). I set the parameters as following:
>         Database-Path: //server.stc.co.cn/Intrbase/test.gdb

try  //server.../c:\Intrbase\test.gdb

Heikki

Other Threads