Seeking Baltimore Users Group/Gurus (& SQL Question)

Is there a Baltimore, MD  users group for Delphi?  If so, can you give
me some contact information on it?  TIA!

Also, if there are any people in or around Baltimore that might be willing
to help me out with a problem I've been having, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I've got a Delphi 1.0 app talking to a MSSQL 6.0 server and whenever it
is being updated by more than one person, even updating different records,
it locks the database up.

I am also getting what looks like chopped off SQL statements (the ends
are missing) in the "Current Activity" page when this happens.

Any Ideas/Help Welcome!

        - Brian G.

Re:Seeking Baltimore Users Group/Gurus (& SQL Question)

Brian,

> Is there a Baltimore, MD  users group for Delphi?  If so, can you give
> me some contact information on it?  TIA!

I don't think that there is a balto area users group for Delphi :-(

> I've got a Delphi 1.0 app talking to a MSSQL 6.0 server and whenever it
> is being updated by more than one person, even updating different
records,
> it locks the database up.

MS SQL Server uses a page locking scheme instead of row level locking.
If the records being inserted or updated are close to each other chances
are
that their is page lock in effect.

> I am also getting what looks like chopped off SQL statements (the ends
> are missing) in the "Current Activity" page when this happens.

No sure about this one, sorry

Art.

Other Threads