Delphi games

Hi all,

Has any of you written games using Delphi ? I'm looking for educational
games for small kids (3 - 9 years) which I could translate into Welsh for my
little ones. Any replies would be appreciated.

Cheers

Huw
h...@NOSPAMpioden.net <<take out the NOSPAM !! 8>) >>

Re:Delphi games

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000 12:13:30 +0100, "Huw Wyn Jones"

<h.wyn.jo...@bangor.ac.uk> wrote:
>Has any of you written games using Delphi ? I'm looking for educational
>games for small kids (3 - 9 years) which I could translate into Welsh for my
>little ones. Any replies would be appreciated.

I wrote a silly little game for my baby. The game is described in a pair
of articles in Delphi Magazine recently. The game takes over the screen
and when you press a key, the program plays a sound and displays a
simple, brightly-colored shape. My 7-month old loves to pound on the
keyboard. The articles also describe a sound-recording tool that makes
it easy to record new sounds, especially for the letters and digits in a
local language. Thus, your youngest children can practice the Welsh
alphabet. The game is too simple for your older children. Get the back
issues (Apr and Mar 2000) from http://www.itecuk.com/delmag/.
--
Ray Lischner, http://www.tempest-sw.com/nutshell
author of Delphi in a Nutshell

Re:Delphi games

Cheers Ray

Huw

Ray Lischner <lisch.at.tempest-sw....@nojunkmail.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 24 Apr 2000 12:13:30 +0100, "Huw Wyn Jones"
> <h.wyn.jo...@bangor.ac.uk> wrote:

> >Has any of you written games using Delphi ? I'm looking for educational
> >games for small kids (3 - 9 years) which I could translate into Welsh for
my
> >little ones. Any replies would be appreciated.

> I wrote a silly little game for my baby. The game is described in a pair
> of articles in Delphi Magazine recently. The game takes over the screen
> and when you press a key, the program plays a sound and displays a
> simple, brightly-colored shape. My 7-month old loves to pound on the
> keyboard. The articles also describe a sound-recording tool that makes
> it easy to record new sounds, especially for the letters and digits in a
> local language. Thus, your youngest children can practice the Welsh
> alphabet. The game is too simple for your older children. Get the back
> issues (Apr and Mar 2000) from http://www.itecuk.com/delmag/.
> --
> Ray Lischner, http://www.tempest-sw.com/nutshell
> author of Delphi in a Nutshell

Re:Delphi games

  I wrote a small (took like 5 minutes) memory game using Delphi ...  --
Delphi Super Page (somewhere) also has some code that some guy wrote that
has all the solitare games in it (solitaire, freecell, etc...  --  I think
there were like 12 games in all ...)

--

Jason Wallace
SL Software

"Huw Wyn Jones" <h.wyn.jo...@bangor.ac.uk> wrote in message

> Hi all,

> Has any of you written games using Delphi ? I'm looking for educational
> games for small kids (3 - 9 years) which I could translate into Welsh for
my
> little ones. Any replies would be appreciated.

> Cheers

> Huw
> h...@NOSPAMpioden.net <<take out the NOSPAM !! 8>) >>

Re:Delphi games

"Huw Wyn Jones" <h.wyn.jo...@bangor.ac.uk> wrote:

>Hi all,

>Has any of you written games using Delphi ? I'm looking for educational
>games for small kids (3 - 9 years) which I could translate into Welsh for my
>little ones. Any replies would be appreciated.

This is great, kids can learn what gravity can do to their ships:

www.foi.hr/~mbonacci/gfdemo.zip

the main page is

www.foi.hr/~mbonacci
Smola
--
Slowly growing deaf.

Re:Delphi games

Hi there

I wrote a few multimedia games for my newphew. They are :

Yatzy
Super Yatzy
Memory - with 66 different pictures
Tetris - And autosolver

You can download the games, absolutely freeware, on my site :

http://hjem.get2net.dk/ingolf_productions/

Ingolf

Huw Wyn Jones <h.wyn.jo...@bangor.ac.uk> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:8e1a8s$c...@hydraulix.bangor.ac.uk...

<h.wyn.jo...@bangor.ac.uk> wrote:
>Hi all,

>Has any of you written games using Delphi ? I'm looking for educational
>games for small kids (3 - 9 years) which I could translate into Welsh for my
>little ones. Any replies would be appreciated.

I have written a free 3D brick (looking like LEGO) building program,
mainly for my kids, but it has made great success in all ages. Among
the users you can find teachers, architects, kids!, anyone...

The source is available, although not for the latest version (I keep
the latest goodies for myself :-), but you can always translate it
without the sources by using Angus Johnson's Resource Hacker (found on
DSP or Torry's or both, I don't remember).

Not that there is so much text in the main screen though...

See my signature for links to the program and the picture gallery.

Anders Isaksson, Sweden

BlockCAD: http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/proglego.htm
Gallery:  http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm

Other Threads