Report in Word6 format

--
I have to generate a catalog for an exhibition (photo) in a word 6
format...
For the moment, I'm writing a text file, taking this in Word and
putting the right fonte on the right line (there are about 800 lines !).

It looks not very elegant...

What's the good way to do that ?

I'm using Delphi 2.0 with reportsmith / quickreport (and Ms Word too !)

          C.Collaine

Re:Report in Word6 format

Collaine Christian <c...@MicroNet.fr> wrote:
>--
>I have to generate a catalog for an exhibition (photo) in a word 6
>format...
>For the moment, I'm writing a text file, taking this in Word and
>putting the right fonte on the right line (there are about 800 lines !).

>It looks not very elegant...

>What's the good way to do that ?

>I'm using Delphi 2.0 with reportsmith / quickreport (and Ms Word too !)

>          C.Collaine

I usually do this sort of thing by generating a text file with tags
such as <Heading 1> for paragraph styles. DTP programs happily swallow
these, and the WordBasic macro isn't a big job. A similar approach
handles bold and italic attributes or character styles.

E-mail me if you'd like me to dig up some WordBasic code.

--
Best wishes

John Nurick

e-mail: j.nur...@dial.pipex.com
v-mail: <+44|0> 191 281 1306

Re:Report in Word6 format

> I have to generate a catalog for an exhibition (photo) in a word 6
> format...

Take a look at the OLE AUTOMATION demo that comes with Delphi 2.0; in there you'll
see how easy it is to control word to do whatever you want. Take a look at Word's
on-line help for assistance with the commands you'll need to use.
  Have fun,
    Madruga

Other Threads